Need 1 email sent per 3 seconds for ONE delivery server only

Jess

Hello,

I have one delivery server (Outlook SMTP) that can only send 1 email at a time, otherwise it gives an error saying "Concurrent connections limit exceeded". I have played with MW settings for the server itself and for Cron, and found the settings that work perfectly - it's to set "Pause after send" to 3000000 for the delivery server and this for the Cron:

1679895311748.png

However, when I set it like this, all my other campaigns send at the same speed which is too slow for those campaigns.

How can I get MailWizz to only send 1 email every 3 seconds for that particular Delivery Server, but send faster for all others?

all my other campaigns send at the same speed which is too slow for those campaigns.
That setting only affects that delivery server, but given you're sending one campaign in parallel with one subscriber batch in parallel, is like you don't send in parallel at all, this is why your emails go out sequentially, one after another, in a single sending process and this is why you're under impression the other servers are affected, but they are not, it's just your sending process is designed to send like this.

Thank you for your reply. So what should my settings be so that all of my campaigns could be sending at once, 9 campaigns in parallel, 10 subscribers at once for each campaign, but this one DS would send only 1 subscriber every 3 seconds?

PS. I am not sending via gmail, sending via Outlook SMTP, my own domain and not a free account, no worries about that! :)

You should leave the subscriber batches as they are, but maybe double the campaigns in parallel and see how that works.
MailWizz is not designed for slow sending TBH, so achieving slow speeds won't always work as you'd like...

Yeah I know, for all my DS I need normal speed sending, just for that one, I need it slower.

So if I set the cron like this:

1679895311748-png.17862

It would send 9 campaigns in parallel, but only 1 subscriber at a time right?

How would it work if I set the "Subscriber batches in parallel" to 9 as well, but keep the "Subscribers at once" set at 1? Would this change anything at all?

Thank you!

What if I set the cron to:

Campaigns at once: 10
Subscribers at once: 10
Campaigns in parallel: 9
Subscriber batches in parallel: 10

But on the Delivery Server settings page, set the PAUSE to 3 seconds?

Wouldn't this have to make a pause after EVERY ONE email sent through that DS, regardless of the cron settings above that say "Subscribers at once: 10" ? E.g. it sends 1 email -> pauses for 3 seconds; sends another 1 email -> pauses for 3 seconds, and so on.

Wouldn't this have to make a pause after EVERY ONE email sent through that DS, regardless of the cron settings above that say "Subscribers at once: 10" ? E.g. it sends 1 email -> pauses for 3 seconds; sends another 1 email -> pauses for 3 seconds, and so on.
Yes, the sending will be paused with 3 seconds after each sent when that delivery server is used.

Yes, the sending will be paused with 3 seconds after each sent when that delivery server is used.
Thank you. So I could have "Subscribers at once" set to 10, and "Subscriber batches in parallel" set to 10 on the Cron settings, and it would pause the sending to 3 seconds after every email for this particular DS still?

Thank you. So I could have "Subscribers at once" set to 10, and "Subscriber batches in parallel" set to 10 on the Cron settings, and it would pause the sending to 3 seconds after every email for this particular DS still?
Yes, that's exactly how it will work.

Back