mailwizz-newsletter-box fails to link to confirming message

I've been using the mailwizz-newsletter-box plugin to set the form to register for eletters, and in a technical sense, it works properly -- in other words, readers fill in the form, click the button, and the api properly associates with the account and the mailing list is updated with the new subscriber.

But the program seems to "hang" as far as the reader is concerned, or at best, goes to a 404 page rather than the subscription confirmation page. I have firewalls on my server and have whitelisted my own IP. The plugin documentation says the plugin is "old" and hasn't been updated recently so may not be compatible with recent WordPress upgrades.

Is the plugin still useful; or are there things i can do to make it properly acknowledge/recognize when a subscription request goes through so the new subscriber is satisfied that the request has been completed.. If not are there recommended alternatives for a signup form system.

I've been using the mailwizz-newsletter-box plugin to set the form to register for eletters, and in a technical sense, it works properly -- in other words, readers fill in the form, click the button, and the api properly associates with the account and the mailing list is updated with the new subscriber.

But the program seems to "hang" as far as the reader is concerned, or at best, goes to a 404 page rather than the subscription confirmation page. I have firewalls on my server and have whitelisted my own IP. The plugin documentation says the plugin is "old" and hasn't been updated recently so may not be compatible with recent WordPress upgrades.

Is the plugin still useful; or are there things i can do to make it properly acknowledge/recognize when a subscription request goes through so the new subscriber is satisfied that the request has been completed.. If not are there recommended alternatives for a signup form system.

If it keeps hanging for any reason, you can easily take the signup form code and paste it (sometimes with minor adjustments) into nearly any form builder.
There are free ones (wordpress addons, html form builders, etc), or may buy pro versions that have masses of landing pages and form options.

Back