MailWizz - 1.4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@twisted1919
Why I am unable to add image by giving URL, like image hosted in other service but give URL in Drag & Drop Editor.
Is there some settings for that ?
Thanks

i found an issue in campaign report after updating 1.4.4...Please check campaign percentage it shows wrong (open, click and all )
open a support ticket with this and include url and backend login and ftp login.

1. [ADD] - Added back the ability to resend failed emails in campaigns (so now we don't need to use one plugin which i create)?
That's correct. mailwizz will do a better job.

2. [ADD] - Added ability to parse RANDOM_CONTENT in the campaign from name tag (can you please explain how to use it)?
Sure you can use random FROM Name's in the campaign from name field.

3. [ADD] - Added a new extension, drag and drop email template builder, its really nice and as you wrote there will lot of improvement but i want to ask as you can see builder page is 50% 50% in 2 blocks, is there a way to make right block lesser like 60%,40% etc? this will give more space on left block for email editing.
Will look into this.

@twisted1919 . I am currently facing issue with new version after updating.

The bounce server doesn't work the way it should work.

It got stucked every time. It would start processing only after doing the emergency thing by "Changing the status of stuck bounce servers from cron-running to active!" . And after processing about 3k bounce mails, it would stuck again....that's how the issue keeps on occurring. A lot of bounces to be processed. I had to keep on doing the emergency thing but now am fed up. My server is with high spec and I have not been experiencing this issue before the new update.

Note: I even changed the cron to run every minute. Changed it back to */10 again. All the same.
I even enabled debug mode but no related error shows.

I am using WHM/Cpanel and POP3 as bounce server

Thanks

Hi @twisted1919 ,

Am facing a strange issue. I have Amazon SES and it was working just fine. After updating with new release my mails stopped going with a error message 'Email delivery is temporary disabled'.

I check through this article: https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/why-do-i-get-this-error-email-delivery-is-temporary-disabled/

Now if I am trying to update my Amazon SES server details, it gives a 'Error 500- Server type not allowed'. Amazon SES and Mailgun servers are also not showing in 'Create new server' tab.

Possibly since no one else has faced this issue, am sure it must not be new release related. But something has gone wrong and I am unable to point to it.

Can you please help put me in right direction.

@twisted1919,
Its really great update and effort to add drag and drop. here is few small suggestions
1. Ability to add image URL as i know most of people here using external image hosting service like amazon etc.
2. editor should make html <title> tag as campaign subject (for batter Social sharing).
3. editor to add og tags at least 1 or 2 like <meta property="og:title" content="Title Here" /> (for batter Social sharing).
AS i know most of EMA with drag and drop editor have these options.
Thanks

Thanks @twisted1919.

I updated one of my MW installs and when I ran the update script from the shell on the final version update it said, "Updating to version 1.4.4 failed with: CHttpRequest is unable to determine the entry script URL."

FYI, I am upgrading from 1.3.8.5

Mostly everything seems to be working for me. But when I go to create a campaign, the "setup" step gives me this error:
Error 500!
CampaignOpenActionListField and its behaviors do not have a method or closure named "getTextFieldsAsDropDownOptions".

update problem

CDbException
The table "{{user}}" for active record class "User" cannot be found in the database. :((

I updated one of my MW installs and when I ran the update script from the shell on the final version update it said, "Updating to version 1.4.4 failed with: CHttpRequest is unable to determine the entry script URL."
Yeah, sorry about that, to fix this, open /apps/backend/components/update/UpdateWorkerFor_1_4_4.php and make it look like:
PHP:
<?php defined('MW_PATH') || exit('No direct script access allowed');

/**
* UpdateWorkerFor_1_4_4
* @package MailWizz EMA
* @author Serban George Cristian <cristian.serban@mailwizz.com>
* @link http://www.mailwizz.com/
* @copyright 2013-2017 MailWizz EMA (http://www.mailwizz.com)
* @license http://www.mailwizz.com/license/
* @since 1.4.4
*/

class UpdateWorkerFor_1_4_4 extends UpdateWorkerAbstract
{
    public function run()
    {
        // run the sql from file
        $this->runQueriesFromSqlFile('1.4.4');
    }
}

Error 500!
CampaignOpenActionListField and its behaviors do not have a method or closure named "getTextFieldsAsDropDownOptions".
This method has changed to 'getCustomFieldsAsDropDownOptions'. so make sure you search through your custom code and rename it.

@twisted1919 By any chance did you add bounce and feedback loop handling for postal ?
I did, the webhook url is https://www.your-comain.com/index.php/dswh/postal

Hi @twisted1919 ,

I opened a support ticket and without answering you closed it. I posted here and you didn't reply.
What's wrong?

And I would like to inquire about more info of your 'Retry Sendings" feature.

My campaing was sending and at a time this error shows up via the backend.
Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "user@domain.com" using 2 possible authenticators. STatus Giveup"
I had already enabled "Retry Sending" via the back end.

I had corrected the issue that causes the app not to authenticate and now campaign continues and the status is now"Sent"
I tried to click on the "Receipts list" under "Campaign overview" and I got this error "Delivery report stats are not available for this campaign!"

1. Will those with the status "Giveup" be retried again? If Yes, is it immediately and is it in silent mode? Because the campaign has the status "sent" as I speak but yet to send to those who "Giveup"

2. What could be wrong with error message "Delivery report stats are not available for this campaign!" ?

Thanks

Will I need to reinstall MW after doing this or just change it in the already installed files?

Thanks
The error is triggered at the end of the install process, so if your install look fine, you don't need to do a thing.

Is there anyway I can test it before I upgrade to the latest version on my production system?
Sure it is. You put your live system in another server, this is called a staging server, and you upgrade it. If all okay, you do the same for live site ;)

I opened a support ticket and without answering you closed it. I posted here and you didn't reply.
What's wrong?
Hmm, your last reply to the ticket was that you managed to fix the issue :-?

Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "user@domain.com" using 2 possible authenticators. STatus Giveup"
I had already enabled "Retry Sending" via the back end.
https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/fa...username-xyz-using-2-possible-authenticators/

Delivery report stats are not available for this campaign
You get this when the campaign hasn't processed any email, most likely because of the error you got earlier.

1. Will those with the status "Giveup" be retried again? If Yes, is it immediately and is it in silent mode? Because the campaign has the status "sent" as I speak but yet to send to those who "Giveup"
If the status is sent, then it's done, mailwizz won't try a thing. What you can do, is to remove all the subscribers with giveup status from the campaign_delivery_log, then change the campaign status to sending instead of sent. This will make mailwizz retry sending.

Hmm, your last reply to the ticket was that you managed to fix the issue :-?
Hi @twisted1919 , I did not fix the first comment. The one I fixed was the one I quoted. I quoted the second comment and not the first comment of the support ticket.

I just got another error again, this type of bounce says "INTERNAL" which is not suppose to be
"smtp; 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (xxxxx@yahoo.com) [0] - mta1141.mail.gq1.yahoo.com"

It should be "Hard" and not "INTERNAL". How to fix it please?

If the status is sent, then it's done, mailwizz won't try a thing. What you can do, is to remove all the subscribers with giveup status from the campaign_delivery_log, then change the campaign status to sending instead of sent. This will make mailwizz retry sending.

Okay Noted but how do I delete all the subscribers with "Giveup status"? Since I could no find any delete or remove button via campaign_delivery_log

And please when issue error this occur, there could be authentication problem at that time. The issue is not about the link you referred me to earlier. It was due to high loads on the server so the smtp connection was rejected. Everything was correct because it was sending very right before it stopped sending along the way.

Mailwizz shouldn't give up on that, It should just mark it as "temporary error" and come back to it later. That was how one of your version was doing before but now it has changed in the new version.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi @twisted1919 , I did not fix the first comment. The one I fixed was the one I quoted. I quoted the second comment and not the first comment of the support ticket
Gotcha, i misread then, sorry for that ;)

I just got another error again, this type of bounce says "INTERNAL" which is not suppose to be
"smtp; 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (xxxxx@yahoo.com) [0] - mta1141.mail.gq1.yahoo.com"
Thanks, i'll look into it ;)

Okay Noted but how do I delete all the subscribers with "Giveup status"? Since I could no find any delete or remove button via campaign_delivery_log
You'll have to do it with a tool like phpmyadmin.

Mailwizz shouldn't give up on that, It should just mark it as "temporary error" and come back to it later. That was how one of your version was doing before but now it has changed in the new version.
It doesn't give up as long as the campaign is still sending. It will try 3 times each email before it gives up for real. We implemented the retry strategy now, in 1.4.4

This method has changed to 'getCustomFieldsAsDropDownOptions'. so make sure you search through your custom code and rename it.

Thanks, I found what was causing the error but now I get a new one. When I move to the "template" step, I get this error:

Error 500!
Call to a member function isAttributeRequired() on null

FYI, my custom extension does not do anything with the "template" step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back