Mailwizz 1.3.9.x - feeling brave to test the beta release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feature Request:
there should be an option to verify sending email id sending domain verification is not sufficient.
if domain is verified and sender email does not exist it will be fatal.
customer can verify multiple email ids to send campaign from.
@twisted1919 Please consider to add this feature in future release.

thanks

Hi, I am not sure how familiar you are with this process, but please keep in mind that there are services out there that have this sole activity, to make sure the emails are indeed valid. Mailwizz integrates with such services ( BulkEmailChecker, VeriAS, etc, see the store area of your app). To validate an email in such way you have to actually connect to the smtp server and start a communication with it, which means you risk to get banned for doing so too many times and when you're starting sending the emails for real, you'll be blacklisted for the verification action. The services i mentioned use dozen servers to avoid getting blacklisted. Hope it makes sense.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the question is meant to ask for a feature that would allow the customer to register several FROM address that they can use for sending campaigns, so that they can choose whatever fits best for each send-out, and it is these email addresses that the customer should be able to (maybe 'have to') confirm (just like with a double opt-in process), so that they are valid and functioning, so to avoid trouble.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the question is meant to ask for a feature that would allow the customer to register several FROM address that they can use for sending campaigns, so that they can choose whatever fits best for each send-out, and it is these email addresses that the customer should be able to (maybe 'have to') confirm (just like with a double opt-in process), so that they are valid and functioning, so to avoid trouble.

Thats what I understood

I have gone far from a testing environment, or else I could have tested this version :(. I have a suggestion here. Is it possible to do SPF/DKIM validation checks against sending domains on a regular basis and deactivate them if checks failed ? Just checking the existence of an SPF entry will not be enough, but should validate it as well. Example : http://spf.myisp.ch/ . For DKIM, checking the existence of the record will be sufficient.

I have done this with perl Mail library in the past. But not sure about PHP. This will be a very important thing (a basic feature, not a fancy one) because customer DNS can change over time and sending without proper records can be fatal.

Hi guys,

Mailwizz 1.3.9.0 is here with huge changes and while it has gone through a lot of tests we still need to test it in real world scenarios, so if you could test this beta release on your own, it would be awesome.
Please don't use it in production for now, it's a beta release after all and it's not the final release either.
If you find any issues with it, please let me know in comments, meanwhile you can download it from here.
Please make sure you read the entire changelog:
Code:
--- -------------------------------------------
--- Version 1.3.9.0 - 2017-03-02
--- -------------------------------------------
[ADD] - Added Opens/Clicks/Bounces/Delivery stats to campaigns listing page
[ADD] - Added 24 hours performance graphs for campaigns
[ADD] - Added campaign_form_setup_step_{before,after}_campaign_options action hooks
[ADD] - Added campaign_form_template_step_{before,after}_top_options action hooks
[CHG] - Changed the number of recent campaigns dropdown from 10 to 30
[CHG] - Removed all `ActiveRecord::getPendingDelete()` methods and added `ActiveRecord::getIsPendingDelete()` instead
[BUG] - Fix serialize in "CustomerGroupOption::beforeSave" model
[BUG] - Fix "CommonHelper::getQueriesFromSqlFile"
[ADD] - Added ability to disable API signature checking from backend area
[ADD] - Added layout_top_navbar_menu_items_start and layout_top_navbar_menu_items_end action hooks in backend/customer layouts
[ADD] - Added the ability to pause the sending for delivery server after each email it sends
[ADD] - Added [DS_TYPE] and [DS_ID] tags
[ADD] - Added subject lines in list page types and list pages
[ADD] - Added sync-lists-custom-fields command
[ADD] - Added ability to mask emails client side, that is: abcd@gmail.com becomes a**d@gmail.com
[ADD] - Added ability to disable customers to edit their own subscribers
[ADD] - Added optin history for subscribers to comply with CASL and CASL like laws
[ADD] - Added [SUBSCRIBER_OPTIN_IP], [SUBSCRIBER_OPTIN_DATE], [SUBSCRIBER_CONFIRM_IP], [SUBSCRIBER_CONFIRM_DATE] custom template tags
[ADD] - Added ability to decide if customers/customer groups can use autoresponders
[ADD] - Added ability to select what columns to be shown in the grid views in backend area
[ADD] - Added ability to select what columns to be shown in the grid views in customer area
[ADD] - Added ability to set "Delivery servers logs removal days" from backend area
[ADD] - Added caching for campaigns stats
[ADD] - Implemented queue tables for AR's too, previously only regular campaigns supported
[ADD] - Added ability to select multiple campaigns for sending to subscribers who have opened/unopened previous campaigns
[BUG] - FBL handler used the hardcoded X-MW- prefix
[CHG] - Campaign started at will only change when the campaign enters processing for the first time
[CHG] - Moved subscribers can now be confirmed via bulk actions
[CHG] - Excluded IPS from tracking will now redirect to final destination, the click will not be tracked though
[CHG] - Changed default campaigns open page to unique opens instead of all opens
[CHG] - Database import now takes into consideration only email columns with length greater than 0
[CHG] - The internal bounce will have the message set to "Internal Bounce" if no message can be extracted from the bounced email
[IMP] - Bounce handler and FBL handler now try to use pcntl for faster processing
[MSC] - Various misc fixes
[MSC] - Overall cleanup of unused classes/features
[RMV] - Removed the old, unused redis queue sending mechanism
[RMV] - Removed redis queue entirely from the system
[RMV] - Removed the send-parallel-campaigns command since it is not needed anymore
[RMV] - Removed the Minify package
[RMV] - Removed the old Facebook package
[UPD] - CKEditor update
[UPD] - ElFinder update
[UPD] - Updated internal mailwizz api client

[NOTES for customers]
1. Because we added the ability to select multiple campaigns for opens/unopens, the old way of selecting a single
campaign is not going to work anymore, so please make sure you don't have sending campaigns that use this feature.

[NOTES for developers]
1. Make sure you replace any calls to `$model->pendingDelete` with `$model->isPendingDelete` and
and calls to `$model->getPendingDelete()` with `$model->getIsPendingDelete()`

whether the monthly reporting feature will be implemented in the final version ??

@twisted1919 Why added 24Hrs Chart !! Lolz :p I already had that with me now my development cost is useless :p

Awesome Update Mate, Really !! Also PM me I wanted to discussed something with you !!

Will there be the support for Emoji's in Sender Name and Subject?

Yes it will be there I suppose as I suggested the same to twisted today :) And something more amazing is going to happen along with this :) Just Can't wait for it :) Keep it up Mate.

Hi @twisted1919 ,
I trust you are doing great. I just updated the app and after updating i got error
=========
Error 500!

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'mailaweb_mesdbox22.mwboss_campaign_delivery_log' doesn't exist
======
I checked The database table and truly could not found 'mailaweb_mesdbox22.mwboss_campaign_delivery_log' .
====
How do i fix this?

Thank you sir!

Hi @twisted1919 ,
I trust you are doing great. I just updated the app and after updating i got error
=========
Error 500!

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'mailaweb_mesdbox22.mwboss_campaign_delivery_log' doesn't exist
======
I checked The database table and truly could not found 'mailaweb_mesdbox22.mwboss_campaign_delivery_log' .
====
How do i fix this?

Thank you sir!
Probably some problems occured while installing the script. Or I think it may be a problem caused by MailWizz DB prefix. Look carefully on this two options.

Probably some problems occured while installing the script. Or I think it may be a problem caused by MailWizz DB prefix. Look carefully on this two options.
---
Thanks for the feed back sir.

I guess: MailWizz DB prefix

Currently, the error am now see is:
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1712 Index mwboss_campaign_delivery_log is corrupted
I would love to know how to fix this. Any new table to import????

What do you suggest?

Looking forward to read back from you.

---
Thanks for the feed back sir.

I guess: MailWizz DB prefix

Currently, the error am now see is:
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1712 Index mwboss_campaign_delivery_log is corrupted
I would love to know how to fix this. Any new table to import????

What do you suggest?

Looking forward to read back from you.
Use OPTIMIZE TABLE; to fix the problem with indexes.

Hi twisted1919
I'm testing the latest version 1.9.3.1 in production mode, to see all the points and possible errors/bugs...
Please see this images. Are bug or What? See the difference in information:

CAMPAIGN:
campaigns.JPG
SAME CAMPAIGN OVERVIEW:
campaign-overview.JPG

Thank You :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back