Installation problems - stuck on welcome page

@twisted1919, I was able to finally get this installed. I am going to try to figure out what the solution was so I can add it in the thread. But now I am having a different issue. Any time I try to save any changes to anything on the backend, I get an error page that says:

Error 400!
The CSRF token could not be verified.

What causes this?

@corey34 - it seems you're on of those servers that are configured against the world :-s
The csrf token error is related to your first error, which in turn is related to the fact session data doesn't stick between the requests.

When you load a page that contains forms, mailwizz stores the csrf token in your browser cookie and it also stores it in the form so that when you submit the form, these two are compared. Now, because things don't stick in your browser cookies, the value from the form is compared to an empty string and of course it will fail and you're getting that error.

Can you give me more info about your server? Does it have apache's mod_security enabled? If so, can you disable it?
Can you try with another browser too ?

mod_security is not enabled. I was also getting the error from the login screen and found the only way to get around it was appending ?nocache=1 to the end of the login URL. Apparently that isn't "sticking" after you login.

Thanks

The nocache=1 thing is browser specific, so next is, have you tried with another browser ?
I am running out of pointers unfortunately, as you see the issue is a bit isolated and we can't reproduce it.
If you want, you can PM me with backend access to the app and some FTP login to the app files to try and see what's going on.

Back