Import and multi value custom fields

Discussion in 'Common issues' started by Tom11, May 4, 2018.

1. Tom11

Tom11 New Member

S.E:
    Expired
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    Hi,

I have some custom field with multi selects, trying to import new users thru csv, the app interpretate the field as text and doesn't 'check' the checkboxes when i go edit an user. The field is show as text in the user list as well.

If i try to edit the user, checking the same fields that should have been selected, the system save a duplicate, example:

field before import 'data1,data2,data3'
    field after editing manually, ' data1,data2,data3, data1, data2, data3'

Related to this, if i do import a new user that has a new value of that custom field, lets say data4, it doesnt get added in the values saved in the custom fields page.

Also, unrelated with the problem but would be very useful to have checkboxes when doing new segments and selecting to filter thru a custom field thats a multi select, cause right now only text is possible.

Thanks!

2. twisted1919

twisted1919 Administrator Staff Member

@Tom11 - Unfortunately we're a little behind in this area and right now we can only import lines with just one value, everything else will be interpreted as such. Will try to catch-up in the future.

3. Tom11

Tom11 New Member

S.E:
    Expired
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    @twisted1919 There's no way to import users with multiple fields selected so ?

Can you suggest any alternative ? I need to import a database that has two columns with multiple fields selected, can't do it manually
    I feel isn't that rare case so maybe should be looked into as a feature very soon anyway?

Thanks

4. twisted1919

@Tom11 - Believe it or not, this hasn't been an issue thus far, nor people requested it, this is also the reason why we don't have it.
    Of course, it can be done with a custom importer, any PHP developer with Yii and Mailwizz knowledge should be able to to it in a few hours.

5. Tom11

Tom11 New Member

S.E:
    Expired
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    @twisted1919 I am a programmer and i do have bought this plugin because i do not have the time to do this myself.

From a logical point of view this is a functionality that should be there and for how i see it is more of a bug than a missing functionality, because you have already all that functionality in place but do not handle it ONLY in import.

You have an import and export function and you have multiple custom fields, all working and all promoted on the plugin page.
    The plugin is able to export the lists to file, but it is unable to re-import the same lists, due the error above, i don't see how this should be optional, is your import/export procedure that is broken as it doesn't do what should, and on top of not handling custom fields it fuck up the import cause then if you add in the backend the custom field with checkbox it doesnt save it as well, cause duplicate the info in that field.

Could you please figure this out ?

Import and export has to work, isnt a minor feature or something.

Thanks

6. twisted1919

@Tom11 - Can you PM me or open a support ticket, and attach the file you try to upload, or a sample from it so i can have a look at it and see what would it take to make the importer accept it?
    p.s: language please.

7. BTW

BTW New Member

S.E:
    2019-12-12 17:35:17
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    @twisted1919, has there been an introduction of multi select values on file import in an of the previous releases?

8. twisted1919

@BTW - Unfortunately we made no progress in this area for now...