How to use the AWS S3 Extension.

daliworks01

Hi,
I bought mailwizz extension what you made. (Amazon S3).
It was installed, but, there is nothing for using menu and guide.
How could i use that?
I expected that I could upload images and use when i write email contents.

Please let me know.

I Already Installed and setted up properly before open this thread.
My Question is how can use this? (Not Configuration)
please tell me detail.

@daliworks01 - If you have installed and configured it, then upload a template in templates area for example, in customers section of the app. This should push all the assets to aws and you should see it in the uploaded template source.

I also bought this extension and configured it well. The bucket I've set in the "Bucket name" field is automatically created. so I suppose the access rights are correct.
I'ts enabled for all customers, all customers use the same bucket and can not set their own. uploaded email templates is enabled and the extension is also enabled.

how ever, when a customer uploads a picture for his template, the file is not uploaded on the s3 bucket but rather on the local server. I suppose this extension is not working as expected as I don't want assets to be stored on the server

Hello,
I follow the steps, I did upload the extension and when entering the configuration page and enter the S3 data and save it tells me:
Class JmesPath / Parser not found
What I can do?

@William Yanez - Maybe not all files where copied when you uploaded the extension in the app ?
I haven't seen this error again, if it persists, please open a support ticket with backend url and credentials to your app and FTP access to we can check and try to fix it.

@twisted1919 If I understand, only templates assets get stored to AWS S3 ? Do you plan making a documentation ?
I noticed a lack of updated documentation, let me know If you need some extra pair of hands to document features addons and settings for the user base.

This is correct.

Well, TBH, it's hard right now since our main focus is the application itself, extensions really need some love at some point too.

I understand, I purchased the plugin thinking it was offloading the media files to aws s3, such a solution would be really helpful for people who need to scale.

I can volunteer making sure the documentation stays up to date. at least for things that can be problematic to users.

Best regards,

I understand, I purchased the plugin thinking it was offloading the media files to aws s3, such a solution would be really helpful for people who need to scale.

I can volunteer making sure the documentation stays up to date. at least for things that can be problematic to users.

Best regards,
Hi, we do this with FTP instead of AWS s3 (for some reason),
I'm waiting for @twisted1919 review then publish public

Back