hourly quota set not works

Niko

Hello,
i would like t know if someone have same issue and have solved that.
We set Sending Limit for one of our groups to send 500 emails every hour.
The campaign stop s automatically once the limit is reached, but it doens't restart automatically, we need to restart it manually. Is it a configuration problem?
thx

Hello Niko,

In Group, there are 3 options what to do when customer reached its limit.

You can set it as per your need.

@Niko with this settings if the customer sends 500 emails in less a hour, system will wait until a full hour has passed and then should automatically reset the counter. Do you manually reset the counter before quota waiting for the end of the full hour?

Correct
I wait 1 hour but not restart automatically and I need to start again manually

thx very appreciated
for now we stay to use the Subscribe at once for limit the speed hour, but I know is only a tricky..

we currently use the "Subscribe at once" on the group to limit the hourly speed limit.
Is this a stable setting, or it can give problems with many campaigns at once, parallel sending, etc.?

The "Emails per minute" setting in campaign group should be useful exactly for this kind of setting, but unfortunately it doens't work at the moment. Will this be fixed in the near future?

we currently use the "Subscribe at once" on the group to limit the hourly speed limit.
Is this a stable setting, or it can give problems with many campaigns at once, parallel sending, etc.?
I am not exactly sure, you should test and see. There are some things to keep in mind when sending with pcntl, but it's too much to explain, so look and see if it's problematic or not ;)

The "Emails per minute" setting in campaign group should be useful exactly for this kind of setting, but unfortunately it doens't work at the moment. Will this be fixed in the near future?
Yes, i hope so.

...looks like mailwizz is a bit less tested than assumed...you might want to assemble a group of loyal testers and they would give you results to their and your tests, ie whatever they test, they send to you, and whatever you need tested, they will test and send results back to you...this could be started asap, as otherwise people start relying on mailwizz in ways they might not as much as they may have assumed at the beginning. but rest assured, it is generally very, very good :)

Last edited:
@frm.mwz - mailwizz is tested a lot, but you can't have 100% guarantee since there are a lot of configurations and OS/PHP variations that can make some things unreliable.
But yeah, i agree we can do more at the testing chapter.

@frm.mwz - One of the biggest and best ways to test an application in production is to launch it to the public knowing that patches will becoming available. For @twisted1919 to provide mailwizz 100% perfect for everyone’s own personal requirements would be virtually impossible and not only that but to have a group of beta testers that would test and put each update through its paces would involve more waiting time from the anxious mailwizz customers that are waiting for the release to come public and it still won’t solve everything. Each person’s machine, provider. configuration is different to someone else, some people have other applications running with mailwizz, some have a dedicated machine for mailwizz so you would never get a beta testing group that can meet the demands of the whole mailwizz community.

Even people such as Google work in a similar manner, they will get the applications where they believe is ready for the public with a view to monitoring the feedback and requests from its users to ensure patches can be released.

While it would be nice to launch an application that is 100% perfect for everyone that could possibly use mailwizz, its somewhat near on impossible without the public providing valuable feedback, @twisted1919 works his socks off to get stable releases out as quickly as possible to help keep the community happy, Further waiting for new features and new functionality wouldn’t go down to well I don’t think :)

Thanks

Last edited:
The features that are very new sometimes need a switch off or test for the better.
Even Google often jumps into somethind and then retracts, so I do not condone all of what they do, yet find them very good, and same here with MailWizz, which seems great so far.
I basically advocate for testing a few things more, but hey, keep all procedures of the development as they are if they work well, I have no intention of mixing into it, rather, give a bit of feedback (and hopefully some of it helps).

I agree, Look at googles AngularJS project, especially AngularJS 2.0 -- Thats basically production but being called beta as its still in development however people are building applications and further frameworks using AJS2. Once an application gets to a certain size it needs to go main stream to be put through its paces as everyone uses the application in its own way and a different manor so watching and listening to the feedback desires the path for the updates as apose to having a set selection to test the applicationl functions and features before releasing main stream usually works out in all our favours in the end :)

Back