Help needed

Is there an idiot proof manual.
I have bought this but havent got a clue how to install it.
I cannot find any instructions or training video...
Regards Barrie

Hi guys
While installing, I have encountered 2 messages of failure:
Unfortunately the file system does not satisfy the requirements by MailWizz EMA.
Please pay attention to the errors listed below and fix them.
If you have shell access to this server, following commands will properly chmod all the needed files:
chmod +x /homepages/39/d114491005/htdocs/itreally/apps/console/commands/shell/set-dir-perms
/homepages/39/d114491005/htdocs/itreally/apps/console/commands/shell/set-dir-perms
Not being a code writer, am a bit screwed???

@Barrie Christopher - That pages shows you a list of paths on your server that are not writable by the web server.
Do you have FTP access to that server? If you do, you must navigate to each folder that mailwizz says is not writable, and right click on it, and set it's permissions to 0777 (chmod 0777).
If you only have cpanel access, use the file manager, navigate to the folders and change their permissions.

If all this is too complicate for you, please open a support ticket and i'll try to assist you as much as possible.

@Barrie Christopher,
you need to run following command in SSH and this will set directory permissions MW need to run.
so login in SSH as root and run the command on terminal.

If you need more help let me know?
MW is fantastic product and @twisted1919 is always here to help.

The FTP is not installing all of the folders so i cannot change the permissions as they are not there... aaaaagh

Twisted - What time zone are you in?

FYI I am on a Mac using the FTP Transmit and my hosting is with 1and1

I am reuploading the software now but there are loads of folders not uploading and getting error messages...

Last edited:
Yes the re are loads of files and several folders that just will not upload
@Barrie Christopher, I dropped you a message :) I'm also a Mac user, you need the following tools to achieve everything properly if you're having Root for your VPS/Dedicated Server:
  • CyberDuck (FTP Client)
  • vSSH (SSH Client)
Hopefully it will help you! Are you using any Hosting Control Panel like cPanel, Plesk, CentOS Web Panel, VestaCP, etc. or you're a tough guy like me using SSH Commands :D

@Barrie Christopher, I dropped you a message :) I'm also a Mac user, you need the following tools to achieve everything properly if you're having Root for your VPS/Dedicated Server:
  • CyberDuck (FTP Client)
  • vSSH (SSH Client)
Hopefully it will help you! Are you using any Hosting Control Panel like cPanel, Plesk, CentOS Web Panel, VestaCP, etc. or you're a tough guy like me using SSH Commands :D

I am using cPanel - dont know what SSH Client even is... lol

Yes the re are loads of files and several folders that just will not upload
Easiest is to shove over the whole mwz zip with SCP (WinSCP via CrossOver, or native Fugu) and then unpack on the server (e.g. with MC MidnightCommander, which can ftp as well...)
This way, no problem with individual files (17k in ea latest/update)
;)

OK - File system checks all green...
Now I get the message - Unable to write the configuration file!
Have checked and double checked my SQL Database details

So now stuck on "Database import"

Back