Having problems validating delivery server

Last edited:
Thanks. Er... didn't you recommend SparkPost to me, or did I imagine it?

[Edit] Because I used them and got the DKIM stuff verified in 10 minutes. :) But now I'm back to Mailwizz verification emails being sent but not arriving. Again I think it's something screwy with the Knownhost server setup. Here we go again. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks. Er... didn't you recommend SparkPost to me, or did I imagine it?
[Edit] Because I used them and got the DKIM stuff verified in 10 minutes. :) But now I'm back to Mailwizz verification emails being sent but not arriving. Again I think it's something screwy with the Knownhost server setup. Here we go again. ;)

The edit was because of the thought re mailgun (and then the sparkpost recommend was out).

Have you fixed the issues that came up in mxtools and dnsstuff?
What is the result when you send a test message from say gmail to admin@pushpaka.net? Is that a real mbx?
And, can you send that delivery server verification email somewhere else than to admin@pushpaka.net and see what happens?

Are you sitting down? It's starting to go surreal.

I changed from Mailgun to SparkPost on your recommendation (thanks for that btw), and sailed through the verification as I said. But the first verification email I sent from Mailwizz through their servers was rejected because the IP address was flagged by Spamhaus as spam. 54.244.48.130.

It doesn't get much better than this really. :)

Not your fault at all, but this is a really fascinating journey through the underbelly of email systems.

Are you sitting down? It's starting to go surreal.

I changed from Mailgun to SparkPost on your recommendation (thanks for that btw), and sailed through the verification as I said. But the first verification email I sent from Mailwizz through their servers was rejected because the IP address was flagged by Spamhaus as spam. 54.244.48.130.

It doesn't get much better than this really. :)

Not your fault at all, but this is a really fascinating journey through the underbelly of email systems.

The message that someone sent was probably detected as inconsistent with their standards
https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL307792
as the FROM & REPLY-TO do not match:
Reply-To: contact@thewritingexperts.co.uk
and the subject line with "FREE" may have given it another notch in their book:
Subject: Stress FREE Premium Services for ASSIGNMENT, COURSEWORK, ESSAY and THESIS writing help !

So, ideally one should have (domain, if not full) consistency among the FROM, REPLY-TO

Definitely not (my or) SparkPosts fault, they have a whole network of IPs and they come up as good or neutral.

Great, thanks for the clarification. Well you'll be pleased to know, I'm sure, that the domain has finally passed verification with Mailwizz as well as SparkPost. So it's good to go, I think. The only thing remaining to do is set up a bounce server I think, although I'm not quite sure how that is done.

You could follow this
https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/bounce-servers/
Some services require the FROM to be the same as the REPLY-TO (bounce address).
Avoid establishing a 'do-not-reply' address, it is neither inviting to recipients nor good practice.
If you ever want to know what is really going on, put up a forward to another mbx, so you have an archive (as the bounce mbx will be emptied by mwz regularly).

Thanks again for your help. I just took a look at that page and apparently web API servers do not need bounce servers, so problem solved. :)

Thanks again for your help. I just took a look at that page and apparently web API servers do not need bounce servers, so problem solved. :)
Yes, I know, of course, but the reason I wrote all that is because one day you may discover that the web api does not give you full info or full control, and that they can change their rules and policies, and if you want to be in charge of your mailings, incl bounce handling...then you have much more info than with the usual smtp bounce setup from the above...

Thanks, that makes absolute sense. Right now I'm struggling to work out how to embed a WordPress RSS feed into a newsletter theme so I can auto-send a newsletter once a week to subscribers if the system sees new posts on the WordPress blog feed. I found the embed post in the Knowledgbase, but even so I may need to find someone to do this bit for me. My small brain has many limits. :)

Back