Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "XYZ" using 2 possible authenticators

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
If you know the login credentials are fine but you still get this error, then you should:

1) go into Backend -> Misc -> PHP Info and search for "Registered Stream Socket Transports" and make sure it contains at least "tls, tlsv1.0, tlsv1.1, tlsv1.2".
As an example, in my current install, i have this: "tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls, tlsv1.0, tlsv1.1, tlsv1.2".

2) Make sure your password does not contain special chars like the & sign. If it does, change it so that it doesn't.

3) If you are using CPanel, go into WHM > Tweak Settings > Allow all users to make external SMTP connections.

Last edited:
Hello,

On my Backend -> Misc -> PHP Info showing as below:-
Registered Stream Socket Transports: tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, tls

Please advice how to fix the issue.

Thanks

Hello,

I wanted to update you, i have updated php and now amazon smtp worked fine.

i need your help, i have few more questions as below, can u please reply me.

1) If i have added SMTP Servers in backed area, then i still have to add in customer area?

2) what is use for Api Kyes in customer area?

3) is there any option on customer area can change email alert template?

4) i try to send one compaign, but it is sended yet, the time defined
to send copaing that time passed but still showing Pending-sending.
i checked everything and looks ok but dont know why compaign mails
not going...can you please help..if you need my customer panel login
access i can send you please provide your email id.

Thank you for your help.

@twisted1919
My "Registered Stream Socket Transports" is "tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls" again in this situation for validation my serever show below error
Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username " info@yazdimail.ir" using 2 possible authenticators
what is my problem how i can resolve it in the meantime I have access to the server (ssh,directadmin)

Okay, then in should be simple to upgrade php and open ssl.
You'll have better luck on how to do this on the directadmin forums.

OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
------------------------------------------------------------
PHP 5.5.25 (cli) (built: May 16 2015 17:28:59)
Copyright (c) 1997-2015 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com v5.0.4, Copyright (c) 2002-2015, by ionCube Ltd.
with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2014, by Zend Technologies
------------------------------------------------------------
whit this informaition is my centos need to update?

For me openssl shows:
Code:
[root@li118-92 ~]# openssl version -a
OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
built on: Mon Mar 23 21:01:31 UTC 2015
platform: linux-x86_64
options:  bn(64,64) md2(int) rc4(16x,int) des(idx,cisc,16,int) idea(int) blowfish(idx)
compiler: gcc -fPIC -DOPENSSL_PIC -DZLIB -DOPENSSL_THREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -DKRB5_MIT -m64 -DL_ENDIAN -DTERMIO -Wall -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches   -m64 -mtune=generic -Wa,--noexecstack -DPURIFY -DOPENSSL_IA32_SSE2 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT5 -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_GF2m -DSHA1_ASM -DSHA256_ASM -DSHA512_ASM -DMD5_ASM -DAES_ASM -DVPAES_ASM -DBSAES_ASM -DWHIRLPOOL_ASM -DGHASH_ASM
OPENSSLDIR: "/etc/pki/tls"
engines:  rdrand dynamic
Run same command and see if they are exactly the same.

The php shows:
Code:
[root@li118-92 ~]# php -v
PHP 5.6.9 (cli) (built: May 15 2015 09:31:38)
Copyright (c) 1997-2015 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies
    with Xdebug v2.3.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2015, by Derick Rethans

In case openssl is the same, i think the only difference is how PHP has been compiled and installed on your system.
On mine, i have installed using the remi repository.

directadmin install php by default and also php support version 5.5 and above yet so i think not related to versian of php and openssl if you find any thing pleas notify me

If you know the login credentials are fine but you still get this error, then you should:

1) go into Backend -> Misc -> PHP Info and search for "Registered Stream Socket Transports" and make sure it contains at least "tls, tlsv1.0,
Good afternoon.
Unfortunately, I can not see a file I needed or not.
If so, it does not contain the required information to me.

supmw.png

@Artem Shymilov - As a rule of thumb, if i usually say Backend > Whatever > Else then i mean the web interface of the app.
if i say backend/whatever/else.php i mean the file system.

Back