Exclude unsubscribe clicks from 'Clicks rate' stats?

djb

Is it possible to exclude clicks on unsubscribe links from showing up as 'clicks' within the campaign stats etc?

Currently it can look like we're getting a good click-through rate, when actually the 'clicks' are inflated by unsubscribes. I see 'clicks' as positive, but unsubscribes as negative, so seems counter-intuitive to lump them together.

I appreciate that the 'unsubscribes' are also shown separately, but ideally I'd rather exclude them from the 'click stats' and just show them separately.

I've tried with each of the available unsubscribe tags, but they all seem to show up within 'clicks' in the same way.
upload_2018-4-4_18-31-50.png

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Unfortunately no, since that is, in it's essence, a click after all.
Ah, was hoping there might have been a way of making it a non-tracking 'click', whilst still tracking the unsubscribe itself.
PS At least my customers that have rubbish emails might think their click-through rates have improved :D

Is it possible to exclude clicks on unsubscribe links from showing up as 'clicks' within the campaign stats etc?

Currently it can look like we're getting a good click-through rate, when actually the 'clicks' are inflated by unsubscribes. I see 'clicks' as positive, but unsubscribes as negative, so seems counter-intuitive to lump them together.

I appreciate that the 'unsubscribes' are also shown separately, but ideally I'd rather exclude them from the 'click stats' and just show them separately.

I've tried with each of the available unsubscribe tags, but they all seem to show up within 'clicks' in the same way.
View attachment 5070

Thanks for any suggestions :)
Unfortunately no, since that is, in it's essence, a click after all.
Apologies, I must have a dim moment, how can 1 click be unique at 33% with the total being 8 equal to 100%?

It seems a good idea to exclude the unsubscribe, profile update, and similar clicks from the marketing stats (the really important clicks) that need tracking and analysis. Perhaps separate into list management and content clicks?

Last edited:
how can 1 click be unique at 33% with the total being 8 equal to 100%?
And uhm, not sure myself, but may have been skewed by multiple unsubscribe 'clicks' whilst I tested the different tags & re-subscribed again?

Hello, guys
Are there updates here?
Can I exclude unsubscribe_URL from statistics?
I tried to use the unsubscribe_LINK, but it didn't work. I see a broken code in my mailbox.
rel="notrack" - didn't work
Any ideas?

Back