Domain Policy Reject - Hotmail/Outlook

eggerda

Hello! Just curious if anybody else is experiencing anything similar - and what the workaround might be. @twisted1919

I have 10 delivery servers created.

2 are Amazon SES.
8 are for my PMTA IPs.

I have domain policies set for all 8 PMTA IP's do "DENY" sending to outlook,msn,hotmail, etc... basically all of the microsoft/outlook email domains.

However, for the 2 Amazon SES delivery servers, I don't have any domain policies set - meaning they can send to ANY email domain.

Since I've set these domain policies on the 8 PMTA IP servers - I'm getting these errors in the sending logs:

@hotmail.comDomain policy rejectFailed to send to this email address after multiple retries. Check your delivery servers domain policies.

Why isn't MailWizz picking one of the SES servers to send these emails - since they have no domain policies denying?

NOTE: I do see some successful sends of @hotmail, etc email addresses, but I'm guessing it's because the SES delivery servers were randomly chosen for a batch of emails to be sent. It seems MailWizz should be sending all hotmail/outlook email addresses out fo the SES delivery servers. Any thoughts on this?

Is a possible solution that I set an "ACCEPT" policy for these domains in the SES servers? Would that fix this issue by making it clear to MW that these SES servers can send to these domains?

Thanks for any help/guidance...

Dan

Why isn't MailWizz picking one of the SES servers to send these emails - since they have no domain policies denying?
I do see some successful sends of @hotmail, etc email addresses,
Failed to send to this email address after multiple retries. Check your delivery servers domain policies.
Thing is, MailWizz tries to use a valid delivery server to send the emails, but given the low ratio of 8:2 you have, it might have a very hard time finding those two amazon servers. In some cases, it manages to send, in others, it will just giveup.
What's to note here is that we try, but if we can't handle it, we give up, like the message says.

Ok, understood... do you see an easy solution for this situation @twisted1919 ? (i.e. define more Amazon SES servers to get that ration to maybe get the ratio to 8:4? Or explicitly set hotmail/outlook addresses as "accept" in the SES servers? Would any of this help?) THank you!

I thought I read somewhere that the issues with domain policies were fixed. But these types of issues still exist?

Hi @Scott - not sure if this is related to any previous issue. Basically I have 10 delivery servers, and on 8 of them I put a domain policy in place NOT to use outlook email addresses. But I didn't do any domain policy on the other 2 delivery servers. Mailwizz was having a hard time finding those 2 delivery servers - or recognizing them when an outlook email address was encountered - it just saw that those 8 delivery servers had domain policies to exclude outlook - and MW didn't know how to send them out.

Weird, you'd think it would find the 2 good ones, but it didn't...

I comment that part in mailwizz and work,but it search unlimited to find available servers

Back