Delivery settings : Limit emails per minute

nemesis82

Hy guys,
sometimes I come back with a new question :)
Could you explain me if the "Limit email per minute" affect all job or a single delivery server?
My example scenario :
5 Customer
5 Delivery server for each Customer
If I set Emails per minute = 1500 ( example ) I have :
1500 email for each Delivery Server and for each Customer ( total 37500 email/minute sent from MW but with a limit of 1500 email/minute/delivery server)
or
1500 email / minute sent from MW
Other question :
Which is the difference if I set this limit in Customer Area or in Cron Jobs settings ? All customer are in the same customer group.
Thanks

hy guys, sorry for my delay.
Thanks for your reply but my question regards "Limit email per minute" parameter and not delivery settings in general way. I'll try to explain better my question : If I set a value in "Limit email per minute" this value impact each delivery server or the total email sent in 1 minute? Keep in mind that I can set for each delivery server an hourly / daily quota but I'm interested in "Limit per minute" quota .
Thanks a lot

hy guys, sorry for my delay.
Thanks for your reply but my question regards "Limit email per minute" parameter and not delivery settings in general way. I'll try to explain better my question : If I set a value in "Limit email per minute" this value impact each delivery server or the total email sent in 1 minute? Keep in mind that I can set for each delivery server an hourly / daily quota but I'm interested in "Limit per minute" quota .
Thanks a lot
All settings have to work together, and the tightest limit will determine how many messages can be sent per minute. A temporary or permanent resource shortage will also limit the number of messages sent at any time. Even with screen shots of all settings it cannot be answered perfectly what will happen in practice, however, you can estimate at least what should happen, and then see the details in debug send mode.

All settings have to work together, and the tightest limit will determine how many messages can be sent per minute. A temporary or permanent resource shortage will also limit the number of messages sent at any time. Even with screen shots of all settings it cannot be answered perfectly what will happen in practice, however, you can estimate at least what should happen, and then see the details in debug send mode.

Thanks frm.mwz .

i tried to change mails per minute in the delivery setting, cron setting, and also in customer setting but mails didn't work as per minute.

thanks for the reply but I already tried this but can't be worked. Also, I got a new issue when I am going to upload the list it shows me only OK and nothing uploaded, I select NO in type mime in the import/export setting. Please help me with this.

Last edited:
Also, I got a new issue when I am going to upload the list it shows me only OK and nothing uploaded, I select NO in type mime in the import/export setting. Please help me with this.
You are using live import or queue import? Queue import is used to queue import files to be processed from the command line instead of having customers wait for the import to finish in the browser, in order for the command line importer to work, you need to add cron job to do this import.

Back