Delivery server picking on sending campaigns - How does it work?

imeow

Greetings everyone!

I would like to know little info about how does delivery server picking works?
Is it random or depends on probability parameter in DB?

For example:
If I am picking 10/10 delivery servers for Campaign #1 and picking the same pack (10/10) of delivery servers for Campaign #2 will the server picking order be the same for both campaign or the order will be randomized?

@imeow - this is one of the internal things of the app that are pretty hard to explain.
In simple terms, here's how it works:

When a delivery server is selected, we first look to see if it is under the hourly/monthly quota. We had an issue with this when using PCNTL because things would happen in parallel and we couldn't properly count the use of delivery servers. However, in the next beta release, this is finally fixed :cool: so sending quota counting will work just fine in multiple parallel threads.
We also have to make sure we pick a delivery server that hasn't been used in the past in the current thread and that the delivery server we will choose is usable by the current customer that the campaign belongs to.
We also have to sort related to the probability, so we push servers with a higher probability in front.

@imeow - this is one of the internal things of the app that are pretty hard to explain.
In simple terms, here's how it works:

When a delivery server is selected, we first look to see if it is under the hourly/monthly quota. We had an issue with this when using PCNTL because things would happen in parallel and we couldn't properly count the use of delivery servers. However, in the next beta release, this is finally fixed :cool: so sending quota counting will work just fine in multiple parallel threads.
We also have to make sure we pick a delivery server that hasn't been used in the past in the current thread and that the delivery server we will choose is usable by the current customer that the campaign belongs to.
We also have to sort related to the probability, so we push servers with a higher probability in front.
But if all of my servers have same probability (5), order will be shuffled?

Back