Database getting too busy, any index suggestions?

I've been noticing over time through our monitoring tools that the MySQL database of Mailwizz is getting a lot busy and often hogs the disk. Our implementation has grown to 9M subscribers spanning to 29 lists but only 300 campaigns.

Is there any tested index suggestions out there specific to Mailwizz tables that can maybe improve performance?

Thanks in advance!

@Joseph Ollero - Mailwizz makes very good use of the indexes it created. While i am not a database expert, i think we did a pretty good job in this part of the app.
When database become too large, you should look into scaling them, for example for mysql you can shard the data or you can cluster it, etc.

You can also make sure mailwizz removed old data from the system, data you don't use.
Generally speaking, the mw_campaign_delivery_log table will become pretty huge in time. But you can tell mailwizz to remove old data from it, which will make it small again. You can enable this from backend > settings > cron.
There are more suggestions at https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/performance-improvements/ which you should follow (#8 and #9). Not all of them apply to all people though.

@Joseph Ollero - Mailwizz makes very good use of the indexes it created. While i am not a database expert, i think we did a pretty good job in this part of the app.
When database become too large, you should look into scaling them, for example for mysql you can shard the data or you can cluster it, etc.

You can also make sure mailwizz removed old data from the system, data you don't use.
Generally speaking, the mw_campaign_delivery_log table will become pretty huge in time. But you can tell mailwizz to remove old data from it, which will make it small again. You can enable this from backend > settings > cron.
There are more suggestions at https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/performance-improvements/ which you should follow (#8 and #9). Not all of them apply to all people though.
How often is the UPDATE command used overall in mwz?
What is the best way to filter/analyze for all the sql commands in mwz (it is probly in between php and Yii code)?

Back