Current segmentation is too deep and loads too slow, please revise your segment conditions!

SoftTimur

Hello,

I have a field named "Segment20240618", it's a text field, and its value are from 10000 to 60000.

When I make segment with only one condition: Segment20240618 is greater than 10011, it returns "Current segmentation is too deep and loads too slow, please revise your segment conditions!"

Does anyone know why such a simple condition cannot be run?

Thank you

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 22.50.46.png

You get this error because MailWizz isn't able to fetch the data from the database in a reasonable amount of time.
It does not matter the number of conditions, since they are all dynamic conditions, the performance caries given your list size and the number of custom fields you have for your subscribers.
I think its better you got an error here, if you want to avoid it, you can either add more resources to this server or increase the timeout value from backend > settings > customers > lists > Max. segment wait timeout * (set this to 10 or 20 at most and see if you get the results back, if you don't, add more resources).

You get this error because MailWizz isn't able to fetch the data from the database in a reasonable amount of time.
It does not matter the number of conditions, since they are all dynamic conditions, the performance caries given your list size and the number of custom fields you have for your subscribers.
I think its better you got an error here, if you want to avoid it, you can either add more resources to this server or increase the timeout value from backend > settings > customers > lists > Max. segment wait timeout * (set this to 10 or 20 at most and see if you get the results back, if you don't, add more resources).
“the number of custom fields you have for your subscribers” ==> will deleting unnecessary custom fields improve the performance?

Back