csv import problem

rritz

Hi,
I am trying to import a list in csv format, but I always get the same error: Cannot find the "email" column in your file!

This is what I tried:
1. Leave file as is
Email,"First name","Last name"
xxxxx@gmail.com,Dexxk,Haxxey
yyyy@gmail.com,yyyyl,yyyyy
zzz@att.net,Azzzz,Azzz

2. Separate the columns
Email First name Last name
xxxxx@gmail.com Dexxk Haxxey
yyyyy@gmail.com yyyyyl yyyyy
zzzzz@att.net Azzzzz Azzzzz

For header I tried: EMAIL, Email, email, "email", "Email", "EMAIL"
same for First and last name
same result always

I finally even tried exporting a list from MW and reimporting it again as output by the export. Same error again

I am now at my wits end. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me?
Or is there a way to import email, first and last name using a txt file?
Or is there a way to write the info into an sql file?

I appreciate all the help you can give. Thank you

Yes, I did. It must be something with my server setup. I have a mailwizz installation on a shared hosting, there it all works fine. the other mailwizz installation is on a vps, I bought the setup script. And I cannot import any csv files. I tried everything and all fails
It's not so bad for list imports because I can use txt but I also cannot import blacklists.
Is there a way to write into the database?

Yes, I did. It must be something with my server setup. I have a mailwizz installation on a shared hosting, there it all works fine. the other mailwizz installation is on a vps, I bought the setup script. And I cannot import any csv files. I tried everything and all fails
It's not so bad for list imports because I can use txt but I also cannot import blacklists.
Is there a way to write into the database?

This may sound basic, but it might help eliminate problem sources: perhaps you could
# check if all requirements are met for mwz
# check if any security settings block
# clear all caches
# use another browser
# use column a) EMAIL, FNAME, LNAME, or b) all from your example #1 but headers all in quotation marks
# use spreadsheet to create the csv file (to avoid file type conflict)
# import sql dbf created locally in XAMP (there you can design the table as needed)
pls come back with further specifics (enable debug mode)

/backend/settings/import-export => test with Check mime type = No
For some file it will help ;)

PS : If file are write on mac, you can test auto_detect_line_endings = true on your php.ini

Back