Create new server SMTP

Nakul Mehra

When trying to add a new SMTP Delivery Server – I am getting error in the credentials – [Unable to find the socket transport “starttls” – did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? #32542576]

I've tried using various combinations of SSL, TLS and STARTTLS with port numbers 25, 465 and 587 but I still get an error while configuring.

@Nakul Mehra - instead of startls use tls , startls is just a fallback that isn't that useful.
For the other options, what errors do you get? Are they related to connection timing out?
My guess is that is a firewall preventing outgoing connection, but if you show me the exact message, i can tell you for sure.

I've tried various combinations but unable to use the SMTP. I'm using a Linux Dedicated Server with Sendmail enabled. Is there any specific setting or port required? PFA scerenshot

@Nakul Mehra Looks like you're using Exim that came with cPanel. This may be something related to this post. I would try adding this account to Outlook/Thunderbird/any email client to see if the account works properly.

I tried using different credentials with SMTP Port 25 and it worked. I just need to know one more thing, the Application is installed on a Dedicated Server with the domain as www.domain1.com. I am able to send emails using 'Sendmail.localhost' using this VPS account. But if I try to send email from another SMTP which say 'www.domain2.com', belongs to another domain also hosted on a separate VPS - upon sending a test email I get the following in the message source header:

Received: from [123.456.78.90] (port=34617 helo=www.domain1.com)
by www.yourserver.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.86_1)
(envelope-from <bounce1@domain2.com>)

Is it possible to remove the mention of the primary domain where the email application is hosted?

I tried using different credentials with SMTP Port 25 and it worked. I just need to know one more thing, the Application is installed on a Dedicated Server with the domain as www.domain1.com. I am able to send emails using 'Sendmail.localhost' using this VPS account. But if I try to send email from another SMTP which say 'www.domain2.com', belongs to another domain also hosted on a separate VPS - upon sending a test email I get the following in the message source header:

Received: from [123.456.78.90] (port=34617 helo=www.domain1.com)
by www.yourserver.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.86_1)
(envelope-from <bounce1@domain2.com>)

Is it possible to remove the mention of the primary domain where the email application is hosted?

Some 3rd party SMTP providers strip the outside headers, and
some headers you can suppress yourself depending on how you compile/setup your php/Apache on your own server(s).
It can be a fiddly ;)

You can flip "Force From" to "Always" to rewrite From Email (envelop from, as seen in your header snip above) on all outgoing messages to that of the delivery server irrespective of what you use while sending the campaign. I guess you used app server hostname as the campaign/list from email and that's why it's reflecting as "envelop from" on your emails, if that's the case, you can simply change it to whatever you like without forcing from.

Back