Company ? Multi Users / Single Customer

HI,
Setting up a new customer and noticed there is a company column on the summary page but no mention of company anywhere in the menu system? All our customers are manually created.

What we are looking for is to be able to assign multiple end user logins to a single company or customer so that they can all access the same lists(s) and setting for that company or customer.

Is this possible?

but no mention of company anywhere in the menu system?
The customer company is used when they create lists, or when they do a payment, etc.

What we are looking for is to be able to assign multiple end user logins to a single company or customer so that they can all access the same lists(s) and setting for that company or customer.
Unfortunately no, we actually went to great lengths to keep customers separate, each customer with his own lists.

@twisted1919, thanks for the reply but i think you have misunderstood the questions

Customer Company > you answer is incorrect or i haven't made myself very clear. If you register as a customer by the registration form we have it set to require company information. When the form is completed we have customer information along with the company showing on the summery page. However when you edit that customer there is no mention of company on the edit form. This also means that when you create a customer manually you can not associate them to a company.

Multi user access for a single company / customer. > I totally get what you are saying re the amount of work put int to keep them separate but surly you must realise that not every customer will have a single person who created campaigns. Even if there are just two people they will need to all be able to work off the same lists and create campaigns for the same company. Working the way they have to will mean multiple users will have to share a login which is not very safe or easy to do as passwords will have to be shared.

Hopefully that makes more sense.

However when you edit that customer there is no mention of company on the edit form. This also means that when you create a customer manually you can not associate them to a company.
That's true for the backend area(though if it's requested more, we can add it here too), where admins should not be able to add company info for customers since they don't know such information. But in customer area, a customer can edit his account and add the company info. Or modify it.

I totally get what you are saying re the amount of work put int to keep them separate but surly you must realise that not every customer will have a single person who created campaigns. Even if there are just two people they will need to all be able to work off the same lists and create campaigns for the same company. Working the way they have to will mean multiple users will have to share a login which is not very safe or easy to do as passwords will have to be shared.
I get it yes, it makes sense, it's just we haven't had the chance to do something about this yet. Things like subaccounts sound nice, but given the size of mailwizz, it really isn't an option atm. That is why sharing same access is the easies thing, or maybe we can implement aliases for access where people can login as same customer but with different login. Dunno, that's something serious that needs careful planning.

I agree with Rod; I have created number of Customers Log in profiles and then one group that all customers belong to (they work in the same company).

So what I would like to have is an option where all customers in the same group can share the lists. If this is not possible it means to generate a single log in to all users and they needs to share this log in.

So there is no way to share lists between the customers assigned to the same group?

I get it yes, it makes sense, it's just we haven't had the chance to do something about this yet. Things like subaccounts sound nice, but given the size of mailwizz, it really isn't an option atm. That is why sharing same access is the easies thing, or maybe we can implement aliases for access where people can login as same customer but with different login. Dunno, that's something serious that needs careful planning.

This is really important. Specially with GDPR in place. Additional subaccounts should have different authority levels.
For example: a user that just creates and sends emails should not be able to see the list data/export etc. and the main user should. Otherwise MW is getting less and less GDPR compliant and that can cause big issues for many MW users.

(https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/multiple-logins-per-customer.5411/#post-35226)

Back