click and open campaign based segmentation

talent media

Hello,

It seems that mailwizz supports only email addresses based segmentation.
Is there any way to create a segment based on a email addresses that clicked and/or opened one or more campaign?
Thanks

Hello Jesse,

When you setup a Campaign - there is option - to Copy/Move subscribers when it Open/Click.
This is easiest way to manage it.

Great answers. Thank you.
Is it possible to create a trigger or cron based segmentation?
ie: When I add a customer to the sales funnel if they don't open an email in the first 7 days put them to inactive segment?

Thanks

ie: When I add a customer to the sales funnel if they don't open an email in the first 7 days put them to inactive segment?
Why not do the other way around, if they open/click, update a custom field with a value, then is easier to make the difference between ;)

@talent media - Look in the campaign setup step after "Change subscriber custom field value upon campaign open" and campaign template step after "Change subscriber custom field on link click".
You'll just need the open action ;)

@twisted1919 would it be possible segment a list upon link click? Say I am sending to a list of ppl interested in sweepstakes. So if someone clicks on a link to win a smartphone he'll be added to a segment for electronics (that I predefined) or if he clicks on a link to win a vacation he'll be added to the segment for travel?

@rritz - not like you explained, but you can set it so that if he clicks on a link, you set a certain value to a certain custom field, then you edit your list based on the field value ;)

I want to create an openers and clickers segment for each list I have.

How would I do that?
It was covered I think twice on the forum, just search for it, one I found just now here:
https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/autoresponder-after-someone-hasnt-open-previous-mail.2984
but it does not matter if AR or regular campaign, the key is to set the default and then upon open/click change the value (this is set in campaign setup).
Start with the segments you wish to have and set them up in the list custom field.

I want to create an openers and clickers segment for each list I have.

How would I do that?

I first go to lists -> overview -> List custom fields
and add two text fields called Clicked and Opened
and I make them hidden

Then, when setting up a campaign, I use the
Change subscriber custom field value upon campaign open
(on setup page) to give a value to the Opened field - usually I just use a number

Then, when I have written the text I save the template and add a "change subscriber custom field on link click" rule. Again, I give a value to the field. In my case, I segment by interest. Say someone clicks on a link to win an iPhone I add a value "phone" or something, so that I know what he was interested in.

Then I head back to lists -> overview -> segments and add my segment
Field = clicked , operator = is, Value = phone
Same with opened

hope this helps

Thank you rritz, I was able to change the custom field when a subscriber open a message, but Im having trouble updating the custom field once the subscribers clicks on the Link

I dont have the "change subscriber custom field on link click" option when making the creative... do you have any ideas why I dont see that button?

no button.PNG

Hi frm, thank you for your answer, I look for them on bottom as you pointed out before, but there is nothing there for me, maybe there is some configuration I havent done?
foter-png.3673

Attachments

• foter.PNG
    foter.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 120
Back