clean up a list

Discussion in 'General discussions' started by ali su, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ali su

ali su New Member

S.E:
    Expired
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:

you need as i do.

but it do

the system look like that here

from a user subscribe to your list the it get a time stamp
    then you start to sent out. then the emails has a time stamp
    if a user klik or mimum open a email you have sent out over time , you have a time stamp
    it is big data here you can use

then lets hold to 90 days. so the form is all over 91 days there not has open or klik delete it

but yes if a aktiv user is 2 years old he is no good if he not open your emails. in the past 90 days.

it is a good way only to have a aktiv list. no need to sent to ppl there not open a email or have left the email account and then
    later get make to a spamtrap account
    it is a way to be hard about it but it is not helping to sent out to 300k if there is only 50k aktivĀ“s after 90 days
    then it is better to use the 50k and get more coregs to the system.
    it is hard to see 250k just get delete but thats life and it is a big cost for the client but in last end it do not help
    to sent to not aktiv users you can sent 1 mill email to the user but he will not open it. so in last end
    you safe mony on it.

i have running email marketing close to be 14 years now
    i start whe ispmailer interspire and much owen scripts but now i run 100% mailwizz where i have changes the bounces system file
    and run a script pr 6 hours there clean up ISP limit errors. nomal it get blackliste in the mailwizz (fast fix) and a perl script MTA where it check from senderscore the % and from there the MTA know how fast it can sent and how much pr hour.
    and it check if a smtp is block to hotmail/gmail/yahoo and so on, then it make sure that no emails from the domains go to that smtp. all that get put in mailwizz where it has a faster reload on the sending. so the it fast can update the smtp list
    it is a smart way to do so you always has a high deliver rate
    now more or less i run 70% as a ESP but fokus for email marketing.
    i hop it can help others

sorry my bad english

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    frm.mwz likes this.
  2. corey34

corey34 Active Member

S.E:
    Expired
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    Sure, that makes sense, and appreciate you pointing out the workaround. I guess I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks

3. Rick Roberts

Rick Roberts New Member

S.E:
    Expired
    L.T:
    Regular
    L.C:
    Is this cron job still valid to use for version 1.8.3?

I notices in the apps/console/commands dir there is a DeleteInactiveSubscribersCommand.php that looks exactly like the one you attached to this post.