clean up a list

Thanks @frm.mwz, although I'm not sure this is exactly what I need. In your solution, if a subscriber opened that email 250 days ago, their value would still be 'open/active', correct? Because there is nothing that would turn them back to 'umopened/inactive'.

What I would want to do is make that person 'inactive' if there have not been any emails opened in the past 90 days. So I would want to look at all emails (not just one particular email). And I would want to set a timeframe. Someone who opened an email when they first subscribed 2 years ago would still be 'inactive' (to me) if they had not opened an email in the last 90 days.

Although maybe I am just not fully understanding your solution.

you need as i do.

but it do

the system look like that here

from a user subscribe to your list the it get a time stamp
then you start to sent out. then the emails has a time stamp
if a user klik or mimum open a email you have sent out over time , you have a time stamp
it is big data here you can use

then lets hold to 90 days. so the form is all over 91 days there not has open or klik delete it

but yes if a aktiv user is 2 years old he is no good if he not open your emails. in the past 90 days.

it is a good way only to have a aktiv list. no need to sent to ppl there not open a email or have left the email account and then
later get make to a spamtrap account
it is a way to be hard about it but it is not helping to sent out to 300k if there is only 50k aktiv´s after 90 days
then it is better to use the 50k and get more coregs to the system.
it is hard to see 250k just get delete but thats life and it is a big cost for the client but in last end it do not help
to sent to not aktiv users you can sent 1 mill email to the user but he will not open it. so in last end
you safe mony on it.

i have running email marketing close to be 14 years now
i start whe ispmailer interspire and much owen scripts but now i run 100% mailwizz where i have changes the bounces system file
and run a script pr 6 hours there clean up ISP limit errors. nomal it get blackliste in the mailwizz (fast fix) and a perl script MTA where it check from senderscore the % and from there the MTA know how fast it can sent and how much pr hour.
and it check if a smtp is block to hotmail/gmail/yahoo and so on, then it make sure that no emails from the domains go to that smtp. all that get put in mailwizz where it has a faster reload on the sending. so the it fast can update the smtp list
it is a smart way to do so you always has a high deliver rate
now more or less i run 70% as a ESP but fokus for email marketing.
i hop it can help others

sorry my bad english

Last edited:
It is just a work-around since the built-in 'opened' is only for the last campaign, and folks who use ARs need to know if any of the previous ARs was opened. Feel free to come-up with a better solution, many will be happy ;)
Sure, that makes sense, and appreciate you pointing out the workaround. I guess I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks

Is this cron job still valid to use for version 1.8.3?

I notices in the apps/console/commands dir there is a DeleteInactiveSubscribersCommand.php that looks exactly like the one you attached to this post.

Yes, that should do it too, but the command line has the advantage of automation.

@ali su - unzip attached and put the resulted .php file on your server in apps/console/commands/ folder to overwrite existing file with same name.
Now, when you run
Code:
php -q /the/path/to/apps/console/console.php delete-inactive-subscribers --list_uid=LIST_UID --time="-90 days"
It will loop through all the list confirmed subscribers and will check if they received a campaign in the last 90 days. If they did, then it will check to see if they opened or clicked any of the campaigns sent in these 90 days. If no open/click is found, then the subscriber is considered inactive and deleted.

Again, please test this first on a test list.

Back