Campaign Action on Open/Move

nemesis82

Hy guys,
i tried to manage some lists in my MW campaign setup but i have a doubt :
During Campaign Setup, if i set both this option :
--> Actions against subscribers upon campaign open --> Copy to list XY
--> Actions against subscribers upon campaign sent --> Move to list ZZ

Work in this matter -> Move the user to list ZZ and, if the user open the campaign, Copy to list XY or there is a conflict and the users are only moved to list ZZ ?

My goal : when i sent a campaign, the user must move to new list but if the user open the campaign must copied ( or moved ) to another list . This is a request for this holiday from my marketing team :)

Thanks for your help.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
--> Actions against subscribers upon campaign sent --> Move to list ZZ
At this point the subscriber is moved to the new list when the campaign is sent to him.
--> Actions against subscribers upon campaign open --> Copy to list XY
There's nothing left to copy now, the user has been moved.

My goal : when i sent a campaign, the user must move to new list but if the user open the campaign must copied ( or moved ) to another list . This is a request for this holiday from my marketing team :)
When you move something from a list, it's moved for good, that subscriber goes to the new list. You might want to copy instead with some custom field value in place.

nemesis82

Hi twisted,
ok, clear now.
Another question :
1) now i've added a new textfield in my list ( with no "default value" )
2) created a segment with "NoSent" and, in filter -> contains [EMPTY] or, also tried with filter -> not contains X ( a test user i have added X value )
but none subscribers are showed , maybe i must wait the hourly job to update the subscribers?

nemesis82

That's it! Given that you also allow this from backend > settings > cron > subscribers.

It's actually list_field_value but it's rather complex to inject data there.
Hi twisted, sorry for late reply but i was in holiday :)
i've solved uploading the same list with new valued field.

thx