Bulk Unsubscribe

Paul Hughes

I added my unsubscribe_url incorrectly and customers were not able to unsubscribe from the list. Now I would like to see if there is a way to bulk unsubscribe these users and, at the same time, notify them that they have been unsubscribed. Is this possible?

And what did I do wrong with my UNSUBSCRIBE URL. In the email template I put the code:
<a href="[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]" target="_blank">click here</a>

Was that correct or no?

And what did I do wrong with my UNSUBSCRIBE URL. In the email template I put the code:
<a href="[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]" target="_blank">click here</a>

Was that correct or no?
That looks correct.

Why do you say they were not able to unsubscribe ?

That looks correct.

Why do you say they were not able to unsubscribe ?

I figured out what was wrong with the URL. I checked to source code again and it was "<a href="http://[UNSUBSCRIBE_URL]" target="_blank">click here</a>" DUH!

Sorry, my mistake.

The other question is still open regarding bulk unsubscribe with a notification to the subscriber that they were unsubscribed. Any suggestions please?

Thanks @twisted1919. I ended up importing all of the names, that were to be unsubscribed, as a new list and then I created an email asking the recipient that, if they wanted to unsubscribe just to click the unsubscribe link. Worked like a charm. 100% click through :)

Back