Bounce servers and delivery servers

Having slight issue with the system and not sure whether I'm misunderstanding something.

We have 1 delivery server at present and 4 customers. The delivery server isn't locked to any particular customer and instead each customer has their own group (4 in total) and each of those 4 groups are using this delivery server via assigned servers function within the group settings. Then each customer has their own bounce server set up (4 bounce servers in total) and each is locked to only be used by that particular customer. The delivery server hasn't got a default bounce server specified (bounce server option just says "choose").

We have the following problem, one of the customers bounced emails arrive into the bounce mailbox of another customer.

To explain it visually, this is how it is meant to function (how I see it at least):
Customer 1 forced to use Bounce server 1
Customer 2 forced to use Bounce server 2
Customer 3 forced to use Bounce server 3
Customer 4 forced to use Bounce server 4

What happens at the moment is this:
Customer 1 forced to use Bounce server 1 and it works as expected
Customer 2 for some reason uses Bounce server 1, even though Bounce Server 2 is forced upon them.
Customer 3 for some reason uses Bounce server 1, even though Bounce Server 3 is forced upon them.
Customer 4 for some reason uses Bounce server 1, even though Bounce Server 4 is forced upon them.

The reason I'm asking this partially because it doesn't work as intended but also the fact the one of our customers expects to receive out-of-office emails so they can know who opened etc. and those seem to land back into the bounce mailbox and not forced to go "reply to" email address specified in contact list.

Any ideas what is going on? Does each of the customers have to have their own delivery server with a forced bounce server unique to them?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

If you do not assign the bounce server to the delivery server, then mailwizz will not set a return-path, and it's up to the smtp server what it will put in the return path and eventually the bounces will return to this address.

Thanks for your quick reply.
So each customer has to have their own delivery server in order for things to operate properly?
Also when using a delivery server, does the authenticating account (smtp account) has to be set up as a proper mailbox or it doesn't really matter?

Cheers!

So each customer has to have their own delivery server in order for things to operate properly?
You can have a generic account, i.e: mailer@domain.com which you can add as a delivery but also as a bounce server.
Also when using a delivery server, does the authenticating account (smtp account) has to be set up as a proper mailbox or it doesn't really matter?
Yes, it has to be a proper mailbox.

Sorry have couple more questions! :)

So if I add a single delivery server and a single bounce server for all 4 customers, what would happen in case of those pesky out-of-office replies? Would they then be routed to "reply-to" address for each customer or land in the mailbox of bounce server?

I think you may have misunderstood me. I know that under DELIVERY server you can assign a customer, but the BOUNCE server can also be assigned to a particular customer and I wondered what is the point of this function if a bounce server has to be specified under delivery server anyway? If this function is meant to force a customer to use only a specific bounce server assigned to them then this function is not working properly as per my original question. Or I'm completely misunderstanding the nature of this function...

Sorry to pester you!

Thanks.

and I wondered what is the point of this function
Because you can also give the ability to your customers to add their own delivery servers and bounce servers from the customers area, so this is just the complement functionality to that.
Also, if you assign a bounce server to a customer, then you can select it only in delivery servers that belong to that customer, so this isolates the servers.

Sorry to pester you!
No problem, you're not ;)

Great! Gotcha ya!

Now that makes more sense.

In this case I'm going to create 2 delivery servers and 2 bounce accounts.

1 delivery server will be used by 3 customers with a generic bounce server and another delivery server will be used by 1 customer who will then have their own dedicated bounce server to log into and check for out-of-office replies.

Back