Bounce server

Ken

I currently have my reply-to and from email address set as my-reply@gmail.com. I do reply to emails and monitor the mailbox there in case users reply to my newsletters.

Bounce emails also go there.

So do I set my bouncer server to that email account? Would Mailwizz delete my mails after reading them?

Hey,

However, after submitting the form, I get the following error after waiting for like 3 minutes:
Your request timed out most probably and that caused the error, it's fine, no big deal, this usually happens if your hosting is blocking some outgoing ports. Can you give me more details about the hosting you have?
As a side note about this, it';s not OK to use gmail/yahoo or any other free service for this purpose, they will block your access after a while.

So do I set my bouncer server to that email account?
It's better to have a business address, as specified above.

Would Mailwizz delete my mails after reading them?
No, mailwizz only delete files that it identifies as belonging to it.

Thanks.

Hey,

Your request timed out most probably and that caused the error, it's fine, no big deal, this usually happens if your hosting is blocking some outgoing ports. Can you give me more details about the hosting you have?
As a side note about this, it';s not OK to use gmail/yahoo or any other free service for this purpose, they will block your access after a while.

It's better to have a business address, as specified above.

No, mailwizz only delete files that it identifies as belonging to it.

Thanks.
Let me clarify. I am using Google mail for business, meaning my email is actually me@mydomain.com. It's just serviced by Google so I don't have to handle to email hosting.

As for hosting, I'm using WiredTree.com dedicated server. The server is Linux powered by CPanel.

What should I do next?

Let's test this, to be sure your server doesn't block any outgoing ports.
Can you send me all the details to add this bounce server? This way i can try it on my dev server where is no restriction.
Send me a PM if doable.

Thank you.

Hello @twisted1919. I added a bounce server and linked to delivery server. The mailbox receives bounced emails but mailwizz takes no action. The bounced mails remain as unread. This used to work until i moved my mailwizz application from AWS to a Contabo VPS running Plesk. What can be the cause and how do i troubleshoot bounce server?

Hello @twisted1919. I added a bounce server and linked to delivery server. The mailbox receives bounced emails but mailwizz takes no action. The bounced mails remain as unread. This used to work until i moved my mailwizz application from AWS to a Contabo VPS running Plesk. What can be the cause and how do i troubleshoot bounce server?

Figured it out. Imap extension for PHP CLI is not enable by default on plesk. Therefore imap only work via apache.

Hello @twisted1919 ,
One question: now by default all emails reach the recipient with an email to "reply to", because it is mandatory in my version of mailwizz (1.4.8). Is there a way to prevent this email from appearing and by default be the same as the sender (From)?
The easiest way is to have FROM = bounce = ReturnPath = ReplyTo. It also makes for best deliverability.

Back