bounce server stuck in Cron-running

there is no bad emails, actually i am using X-Force-Return-Path for bounce server so return address is fine then why its saying ?
[3] => Invalid mailbox list: <<np345j23j26f9_sj949cw27j791@domain.com.com>>
[4] => Invalid mailbox list: <<bk866qgjz1caa_oj238tp01d2c7@domain.com.com>>
[5] => Invalid mailbox list: <<ee096y1l14974_no73498eddfd0@domain.com.com>>
[6] => Invalid mailbox list: <<np345j23j26f9_ms314pedfv6a7@domain.com.com>>
[7] => Invalid mailbox list: <<je926arvc2519_ov29432dd4925@domain.com.com>>
[8] => Invalid mailbox list: <<je926arvc2519_je462yy6vp175@domain.com.com>>
[9] => Invalid mailbox list: <<np345j23j26f9_sr7352lve9d37@domain.com.com>>
[10] => Invalid mailbox list: <<np345j23j26f9_hc8337wx38fec@domain.com.com>>
I am not sure but the error comes from PHP itse;f, so clearly there's something in those emails that it doesn't like.

Why would the new version 1.4.9 can't even process 1k bounces in 24 hours?
As i told you before, nothing changed that could affect processing bounces like this since 1.4.0, but please add the login data in that ticket, ssh login and backend url and login for the app so that i run the command manually myself and see what's going on ;)

As i told you before, nothing changed that could affect processing bounces like this since 1.4.0, but please add the login data in that ticket, ssh login and backend url and login for the app so that i run the command manually myself and see what's going on ;)
Ticket Updated.

Thanks

Thanks to @Kollydaton i have found what was affecting the performance in this case, and the good news is that is the first issue that has been fixed in 1.5.0, that is, about a week ago when another customer complained about the blacklist performance, because this was the issue, the fact that we applied mysql's MD5() function against the columns, so when you had a few million records in the list, it would be terrible slow. We now took some steps and things improved drastically.
Attached is the fix, that is, 3 model files that you have to put in apps/common/models/ folder to override the existing models with same name( @Kollydaton - You don't have to do it, i did that for you already)

Attachments

• models.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 15
Oh yeaaaa :):):)
You are welcome...

Working great now...
You know I told you , I have been using your app for many years after moving from Arpreach and Interspire and had never complained much. I always upgrade the same day you upload new release in order to test... So when things changes I know ;););)

Thanks for the fix and keep up the good work sire.

Cheers!!!:):):)

@twisted1919,
Thanks for quick update. I have also updated the files in apps/common/models/ folder
bounce process speed increase :) which is really good and tell how good you are in support.
but the issue still remains, Here is how its behaving
when Its processing bounce servers as you see I have 2 bounce servers, when I make both servers active from emergency and run code which you gave here.
It takes both servers and make first server as Cron-running and start processing emails which is vary fast now.
once first server is finish it give message as Processing finished and then take other server make it Cron-running and start processing its emails but at same time first server remains Cron-running, when send server process finish it give bellow message
[2017-11-18 05:48:55] - Processing finished.
[2017-11-18 05:48:57] - Starting...
[2017-11-18 05:48:57] - The lock has been acquired!
[2017-11-18 05:48:57] - Starting processing...
[2017-11-18 05:48:57] - Found 0 servers for processing...
[2017-11-18 05:48:57] - Processing finished.

and this loops continue until again, I have to goto Emergency and make bounce servers active.
Now after these files its processing emails vary fast but not making server active as it should be after finish the process or I am missing some thing.
also cron for bounce processing is disable at this moment to be server that cron is not running any process.

you mean no need to remove the mbx indexes for now right ?
Yes, if it works, don't touch it ;)
The above seems to have been another error (did not know this one before).
There is one more thing I should add to the little recipe from above, sometimes it is also mbx permissions (not pwd, but file permissions, that get screwed up together with or separately from indexes). Creation of another mbx and moving the messages there is oft easiest. But again, the above error of this thread was new. And thankfully quickly resolved, once clearly shown.
Thanks for asking ;)

@twisted1919,
Any update on my issue, why server is keep on stuck on Cron-running even after updating files you provide in this topic.

Is there any code to set that if bounce server is in Cron-running for some time then make it normal?
Like I saw one in apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php
ini_set('max_execution_time', 6 * 3600);
set_time_limit(6 * 3600);
If i set bellow for 1 hour.
ini_set('max_execution_time', 1 * 3600);
set_time_limit(1 * 3600);
in
apps/console/commands/BounceHandlerCommand.php
It will work or not ?
Thanks

@twisted1919,
Any update on my issue, why server is keep on stuck on Cron-running even after updating files you provide in this topic.

Is there any code to set that if bounce server is in Cron-running for some time then make it normal?
Like I saw one in apps/console/commands/SendCampaignsCommand.php
ini_set('max_execution_time', 6 * 3600);
set_time_limit(6 * 3600);
If i set bellow for 1 hour.
ini_set('max_execution_time', 1 * 3600);
set_time_limit(1 * 3600);
in
apps/console/commands/BounceHandlerCommand.php
It will work or not ?
Thanks
So this is not fixed for you @AHK , but for @Kollydaton it works with the above bug fix?

Hello @frm.mwz,
Issue is almost solved and bounce processing is vary fast now thanks to @twisted1919.

but as i wrote bounce servers still stuck in Cron-running even bounce process finish as i tested in SSH, bounce server stuck in Cron-running 4 times out of 5.

I have tested this almost 2 days and same behaviour, so in 5 times one time bounce server go back to normal but in 4 times it stays in Cron-running even process finish in SSH and I dont see any IMP or POP3 or MYSQL activity in top.
and I keep that server for hours and hours and it stays in same Cron-running for hours.

I saw the code too and see when process finish MW try to release the bounce server and set its status to active but its not happening for some reason, so what I am thinking is

1. When process finish MW set the bounce server status to Active, after that there can be one IF command to check if actually status is changed and if not MW should force status to Active.
2. Or to set some time value for bounce server to change status to Active. like after 1 hour of Cron-running status can go back to Active.
but @twisted1919 knows batter as he knows all code and he actually knows whats going on and how to fix this.

Or may be with some PLUGIN help and I will write Plugin for that to reset bounce server status to active after certain time of Cron-running and share here on forum as always, if some one like me have issue can use that plugin to fix this issue.

Thanks

@AHK / @Kollydaton - right now i am away, but on Monday will look into this closer.
Meanwhile, running the command manually with --verbose=1 should give you the reason on while the server remains stuck in cron-running mode, ar at least should give you more info about it.

Hello @twisted1919,
its so nice of your to reply on Sunday. no hurry man.
I am doing it manually, removing server from emergency-actions and then running the command manually.
its processing bounces fine and vary fast after update.

Thanks

Hi, I confirm we are currently experiencing the same issue. From time to time the Bounce servers stay stuck in cron-running status, until you manually change them to active from emergency actions

We've updated these files with the models zip, but it processes 0 per time (quickly). However there are 2504 emails in the bounce inbox. Any ideas?

With bounce processing, not sure if it's related or different issue, but we're seeing it getting stuck in Cron-Running every single time the CRON runs. It works if we use emergency actions.

Having tested this in SSH, what we're seeing is that after the first run it seems lose the bounce server, which I assume is why it gets stuck in Cron-Running?

Here's the SSH output:

[2017-11-23 13:05:49] - Subscriber uid: sk841k93c7190 is soft bounced with the message: BOUNCED BACK.
[2017-11-23 13:05:49] - Processing campaign uid: yt381ra6kd0f8 and subscriber uid xo710b21dscbe.
[2017-11-23 13:05:49] - Subscriber uid: xo710b21dscbe is soft bounced with the message: BOUNCED BACK.
[2017-11-23 13:05:49] - Processing campaign uid: xh052m8xrlb23 and subscriber uid ky609zyfbcf9c.
[2017-11-23 13:05:49] - Subscriber uid: ky609zyfbcf9c is internal bounced with the message: smtp; The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720
.[65.242.46.14 65.242.46.14: timed out]
[2017-11-23 13:05:49] - Processing campaign uid: da38764o5n000 and subscriber uid ky609zyfbcf9c.
[2017-11-23 13:05:49] - Finished processing server ID 3.
[2017-11-23 13:05:49] - Processing finished.
[2017-11-23 13:05:51] - Starting...
[2017-11-23 13:05:51] - The lock has been acquired!
[2017-11-23 13:05:51] - Starting processing...
[2017-11-23 13:05:51] - Found 0 servers for processing...
[2017-11-23 13:05:51] - Processing finished.
[2017-11-23 13:05:53] - Starting...

Once it's lost the server ID 3, it never picks it back up again, which is why I assume that's what's causing the Cron-Running to get stuck on every process.

What's weird is this is happening on only one out of three installations of MW.

Any ideas?

Back