Bought 2nd license

76uk

Hi @twisted1919

I've just bought second license (codecanyon). I need to install this in new server (that means different IP), but I don't see new license in MailWizz Customer Area. I see 2 licenses in codecanyon though.
Do I have to do something or just wait?
Thanks!

You'll have to install the app and then the second license will become available in the customer panel.
P.S: Thanks for playing fair ;)

Curious - why the second license? (Note: not a commentary on "playing fair"...just curious why you need 2 instances of mailwizz)

I need second license for running completely different service with different brand (my brand not customer's brand)...

@twisted1919 - I hope this isn't a stupid question... if I wanted to setup a service where I charge users (similar to Mailchimp etc.), would I need to buy the extended license at CodeCanyon? Or is the standard license good for that?

@Phil Meyer - You'll need an extended license for that. Regular license is for your own personal use while the extended one is for when using mailwizz as a saas platform.

@Phil Meyer - You'll need an extended license for that. Regular license is for your own personal use while the extended one is for when using mailwizz as a saas platform.
Hmmm... I wonder how many users know about that? I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything on that except for the vague definitions of regular and extended licenses on Code Canyon. I'm going to really have egg on my face when having to explain that to the directors of our company that I purchased Mailwizz for.

Bummer... seems I'm going to have to personally cough up the difference.

Also, there's an inconsistency I noticed between your FAQ and your purchase options on Code Canyon. Your FAQ gives a categorical "No!" to the question "Do I have to pay updates and/or support?" While that's true for upgrades, it's not *entirely* true for support, is it? :)

@Phil Meyer
Have a look at this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xyrkjtsyz5n6qy/Screenshot 2015-09-22 20.21.02.png?dl=0 it states a brief use case for each license. You can then go into more details by reading detailed license info.

Also, there's an inconsistency I noticed between your FAQ and your purchase options on Code Canyon. Your FAQ gives a categorical "No!" to the question "Do I have to pay updates and/or support?" While that's true for upgrades, it's not *entirely* true for support, is it?
Not sure, i have always provided support, regardless of whatever policy Envato had.
Right now when you buy mailwizz, you don't pay support, you get basic support for 6 months (which might change) and only if you need extended support, you pay for more. This is how Envato thinks will fix some issues with abusive buyers, if you have doubts, you should ask them directly as they know better their business model.

Lemme know if any other question.
Thanks.

@twisted1919 - All's good, I didn't mean to get nasty or anything and I hope I didn't come across as such :)

I was just a little disappointed over the license thing but I understand. It's my mess, I have to clean it up.

Apologies for jumping in here again, but since this thread is about licenses... ;)

If I'm going to use MailWizz on a SAAS basis, what licenses would I need for the other related products? I'm talking about Support Tickets, Backup Manager and the various payment gateways. These products are not SAAS per se, since I'll be using them myself for my customers to pay me, send support tickets and to backup my data, and not providing them as a service to others (unless I provide a white label solution to clients, I suppose).

You'll actually need an extended license for those too since you use them in an environment where customers get charged but as always, if in doubts, ask Envato for these type of questions.

Back