Blacklist status

Vince

Good day !

What is the exact meaning of "blacklist" status in lists ?

Is it generated by bounces ?
Soft and hard ?

Is there a way to manage that ?

Thanks,
Vince

@Vince .... It is generated by hard bounces and it depends on the time of numbers you want a bounce email address to be added to blacklist via backend/index.php/settings/cron "Settings for processing Delivery and Bounce logs".
Once an email is added to blacklist, the email address will be blocked from receiving future campaigns until you remove it from your backend via backend/index.php/email-blacklist/index.

I hope am able to provide an answer to your question correctly ;).

Thank You!

Blacklist means Hard Bonuses+Spam Complaints..
Customer has no authority to change the blacklist status one a email is blacklisted..
although Admin can change the Status of Blacklist...
Blacklist to Global across all customers..

Hi @Kollydaton, You might know this then.

How do I explain to someone the difference between these two and how they occur?
> The list item status of blacklisted that will appear instead of confirmed, unsubscribed etc
> The main global black list.

Many emails just gone blacklisted within a list but not on the global list. They exported the list but this then excluded any that were blacklisted. Ultimately I've had a horrible day and I need to get them off my back.

Any words on this matter appreciated :) Many thanks

@mikevermaak - When an email address is added to any of the blacklist, that is either global or customer blacklist, depending on the settings, first thing that happens is to change the subscriber status, from confirmed to blacklisted.
Next, if the customer blacklist is enabled, the email is added in the customer blacklist only. if the global blacklist is enabled, it is added into that list.
Now, as a customer you can mark all the emails that are blacklisted, back as confirmed(you need to allow this from settings). This will make sure they will get removed from the proper email blacklist.

I am planning to remove all blacklisted names from my lists. I have checked to see that they also exist on the master blacklist. The samples I checked are on both my lists and the master blacklist. I intend to remove them so I have a better overall view of my performance metrics.

1. If I delete blacklisted names from my lists, can I assume they remain on the blacklist? It looks like it from what I can see.
2. If I have been sending email campaigns to individuals who were blacklisted, can I assume the blacklisted emails would have been suppressed prior to sending (i.e. I didn't harm my sender reputation)?

Thanks!

1. If I delete blacklisted names from my lists, can I assume they remain on the blacklist? It looks like it from what I can see.
Yes, they will remain.
2. If I have been sending email campaigns to individuals who were blacklisted, can I assume the blacklisted emails would have been suppressed prior to sending (i.e. I didn't harm my sender reputation)?
Also correct.

On the topic of removing blacklisted mails. Is there some command one can run to remove all the blacklisted emails from either all lists of a client/s or per list? Without having to go through the whole process of exporting and then importing the list back again. I know you can also go into a list and then view the subscribers and then filter the view for blacklisted and then select multiples to remove but that is also a lot of effort when dealing with huge lists.

Ah that is great thanks. Something else, in the backend, the Campaigns delivery logs, Campaigns bounce logs, Campaign abuse reports etc. Will there be any quick and easy way to clear those in the future?

Last edited:
Hi there,

I am trying to remove blacklisted emails from my dashboard. However, I do not have the ability to search emails that have been blacklisted.

I've searched the backend but have come to no conclusion. Is there something on the backend that needs to be configured that allows me to search blacklisted emails?

Thanks

Hello,

In Backend > Email blacklist

You can see there blacklisted email as well remove from there as well search.

Back