Autoresponders not sending

corey34

I found today that all of my customers' autoresponders have stopped. Regular campaigns are sending just fine but autoresponders have stopped, and not sure what happened.

Some say "processing(XX%)" and some say "sending(0%)".

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
@corey34 -
If a campaign remains stuck in processing status, you have to pause/unpause it to have it reset into the sending status so it can be picked by the cron jobs.
Make sure in Backend > Settings > Cron > Campaigns at once, you have a number big enough to accommodate all your running campaigns.

corey34

Thanks @twisted1919, pausing and unpausing fixed it. This was broken for at least 3 days. Is there a place that would notify me of this happening? It's great just having ARs set up and not having to worry about them.

Thanks

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
@corey34 - we don't have a notifications system for these events just yet BUT it is a wonderful thing to have and i like it a lot, so i am going to implement a system where you will get notified if a campaign is stuck in processing mode more than X hours (adjustable) and you can take proper actions based on this.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
My bad on this, looking in the code it seems in the dev version we now have a watcher that will put campaigns that are stuck in processing mode more than 7 hours, in sending-mode so they start again, so in next version we have this covered :D

frm.mwz

@corey34 - we don't have a notifications system for these events just yet BUT it is a wonderful thing to have and i like it a lot, so i am going to implement a system where you will get notified if a campaign is stuck in processing mode more than X hours (adjustable) and you can take proper actions based on this.
great next step...proposing to built-in as well an option to auto pause and then unpause, so to auto-unstuck camps ;)

PS: your's came up when i was still writing !
PPS: the first PS was before the post underneath :D
PPPS: reply to underneath: awesome!!! :cool:

corey34

My bad on this, looking in the code it seems in the dev version we now have a watcher that will put campaigns that are stuck in processing mode more than 7 hours, in sending-mode so they start again, so in next version we have this covered :D
Perfect, thanks.

corey34

@twisted1919, do you have an approximate date on the release of the new version with this feature? This happened again not long after I fixed it yesterday.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
@frm.mwz - please don't use shortcuts to explain things, people got confused, i.e: @corey34 didn't know what s/t is. i don't either.
@corey34 - i don't have an ETA, BUT if your campaigns remain in processing status all the time, this is a sign that somewhere some settings are just too high. If you want, you can PM me with backend login to your app and i can have a look through your settings.

frm.mwz

@twisted1919, do you have an approximate date on the release of the new version with this feature? This happened again not long after I fixed it yesterday.
If you get s/t (something: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=s/t) like this
"User ... already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections"
then this is worth fixing, as it may be the cause of your ARs (and other things sometimes) not working. This is just a setting, but it can be a hint to checking that all of your setup supports mailwizz as far as possible.
;)

corey34

I did increase this (double it from 80 to 160) the other day but it looks like I am getting that error in the logs again. What should that number be?