AUTORESPONDER , PHP MAIL, TIME ZONE, MANDATORY TAGS

zakari

Hi guys,

I installed mailwizz, but still struggling ...
Maybe you can help me

first of all here is what i want to do with it

I want to send email (B2B) to specific professionnal in my sector security mainly in the construction business.
I want to send them a series of plain text email, it is not a newsletter, but mostly a direct email.

So i do not want to add the [UNSUBSCRIBE_URL], not necessary in my case (B2B event to be RGPD compliant..)
So my first question is how to remove the fact that the [UNSUBSCRIBE_URL] seems mandatory ?
Also i do not want the destination email receve any confirmation of list or whatever as he/she never subscribed on my list.. I just want send a short plain text email (!) nothing else :)

So i went to amazon ses and set up a few things but seems too complicated and nothing worked fine (...) for what i want to do, so i add a php mail type email server, the confirmation went ok as i recevied the confirmation email, clicked on it and all seemed ok.

But then when i started my first test campain (autoresponder), set ut everything but i never received the email, tried different configuration but nothing was send or received.

Also i noticed that the local time and system time is the same on the backend BUT different on the customer (myself) side.

Any idea or suggestion on this few problems I encounter would be apreciated :)

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Zakari

Hello,

For your first question, here's how you decide which tags are required and which not:
https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/decide-template-tags-required/

phpmail is not a good choice for mass emailing, my advice is to use a service, if ses did not work for you, there are simpler service sout there, like sendgrid for example.

For timezone, make sure your customer account is using same timezone as your user account.

Let me know if anything else unclear.
Thanks.

Hi thanks for your fast answer,

First question : resolved thanks

Phpmail, i did doubt it even thought that i do not intend to send more than 10k mail a month, certainly less.. i do not know if we can call that mass mailing.

For timezone, ok but how :)

Thanks for your support
Best regards
Zakari

For timezone, ok but how
Just try to edit your customer account from backend > customers or after you login as a customer, you will have a place to set the timezone there, just like you have for users in backend area.

Back