API - Create New Subscriber

rtmsolutions

I used the API to create a new subscriber, and Mailwizz sent out a confirmation email .... because the list was set to Double Opt-in.

I wish to retain the Double Opt-in for anyone becoming a subscriber via an opt-in form ... but I would expect that a new subscriber that I added via the API to be able to be added as 'confirmed'

I added 'status' => 'confirmed' to the array when adding the new subscriber but it still was added as an unconfirmed subscriber.

How can I add a confirmed subscriber via the API?

Because there are different use cases for adding a subscriber via a Form, a CSV import, and an API call ... wouldn't it make sense to have separate Opt-in settings for each use case.

I looked at the code in List_subscribersController.php at line 345, and it would be simple to allow the API to set the "status" if "status" was passed as part of the array ... without affecting the existing functionality and operation of the existing code.

I could make the change myself, but then I have the ongoing issue of maintaining my changes while still upgrading as you release new versions.

@twisted1919 - The reason that I'm wanting to do this is because I have captured the subscriber through my own system but, rather than writing a whole autoresponder messaging system, I'm planning to just have Mailwizz handle all that side of things for me. (essentially, I'm using Mailwizz a a code-library/plugin to my own system)

So, I'm already authorised by the user within my own system to do this.

I can easily get around this by making the list Single Opt-in ... especially as I will never be subscribing anyone other than via the API ... so, for my personal use, I can achieve what I want without any code modifications.

I just felt that handling the status of the subscriber via the API creation process is something that should be available ... to make the API more flexible for your many other users.

I'm also eagerly waiting for the 1.6.8 release to that I can use the campaign webhooks to feed info back to my own system.

FYI all -- Aweber's API allows that very option... e.g., to auto-confirm or not a subscriber added through their API. I would also like to be able to do this with the MailWizz API !!! It is a valuable feature and like, twisted1919 says, my signups come through my own custom form and have already gone through a confirmation process (agreeing to be a member of my site and receive emails from me regarding that membership and being saved in my own local database). So, at the point I'm needing to add them to my MailWizz list, another optin process would drive some members away and is redundant. FYI, I also have written code to auto-add such signups to my wordpress users and generate a secure password for them, as well. If anyone is interested in that code, let me know and we can negotiate an exchange of sorts. (For instance @twisted1919, if you'd help me with my MailWizz API needs, I'd GIVE you my wordpress add-user code in exchange.)

Back