Anyone here pushing 5M+ daily with mailwizz??

dante

Hi guys,

So my main aim is to successfully push 10M/day someday.
But after reading few posts on here it seems its little hard to do that volume with mailwizz, is this true? Has anyone one done few millions with mailwizz for a month continously?

If so your insight would be great help for me.

I read that I will be needing to update few things to gain this kind of volume with mailwizz, like starting with list size, I will probably need a size more than 100k records per file(100k is the max limit right?). So any workaround with this?

Also say I am mailing 5M per day via many slave servers, and my main server(where mailwizz is hosted) is hosted somewhere else, what specs should I be looking so as to my mailwizz doesn't run slow due to load, etc.

Is this good? I am not looking for min requirement but rather something that runs everything smooth and no load on DB.

16GB ram
4 cores
50GB SSD
5TB traffic

100k is the max limit right
you can have easily lists much bigger (so far not encountered a limit, some are over several million)

not looking for min requirement but rather something that runs everything smooth and no load on DB.

16GB ram
4 cores
50GB SSD
5TB traffic

If the above is a vps, that will probably not be enough for that volume/speed, but if dedicated, then it could work,
still I would go with at least 64gb ecc ram, 16 cores, 2x480gb ssd, if not more.
You might be better off having one server for mailwizz and one for the database (which will grow quite a bit at 10m/d), the setup option for this is already built into mwz!
Re traffic, this might get tight with only 5TB/mth if your 10m/d messages are bigger than 16.67kb/msg ;)

Hmm I am not sure but I think 64GB ram, 1tb ssd and 16 cores would be overkill.

I guess you are bit mistaken by my post, this server will only be used to host mailwizz app I won't be using it as delivery server at all.

Also, i am noob so you may be right, but from what specs i have mailed in the past(i done around 500k/day a few times) this server is overkill...

Your further thoughts are appreciated :)

Thanks as always mate :)

Re ram, consider that your database will grow and if it is just 10gb and you need twice the space for it, then you have only 44gb left for running stuff and the 50 processes (each may take 500mb which makes 25gb), leaves you with roughly 19gb ram under full load, which is not a large margin of safety. And the dbf will grow...
Re the drive of 2x480gb (raid) this is not much either if you consider backups of more than weekly ie 10 to daily ie 32.
Re the cores, assume one core is usurped by 4 processes, so you are left with 3-4 when fully utilized.
The above are rough estimates and it is generally speaking better to err on the safe side, which incidentally also avoids moving oft (ie time/cost).

Great points thankss a lot :)

Also a dedi cannot be upgraded right? I mean unlike cloud vps's where we can just upgrade within a few clicks without taking the server offline.

OVH, Hetzner and Online seems my best bet as far as cheap dedi is concerned..

you can have easily lists much bigger (so far not encountered a limit, some are over several million)

If the above is a vps, that will probably not be enough for that volume/speed, but if dedicated, then it could work,
still I would go with at least 64gb ecc ram, 16 cores, 2x480gb ssd, if not more.
You might be better off having one server for mailwizz and one for the database (which will grow quite a bit at 10m/d), the setup option for this is already built into mwz!
Re traffic, this might get tight with only 5TB/mth if your 10m/d messages are bigger than 16.67kb/msg ;)

Hello to a built-in function in question the separation of the script from the database? I have 3 powerful server, now everything is working on one, I want to reduce the load and database divided into 2 servers, as it can be done?

Also a dedi cannot be upgraded right? I mean unlike cloud vps's where we can just upgrade within a few clicks without taking the server offline.
Yes, upgrading cloud is easier, but the stability that mail needs is more important, unless you can find a cloud provider with quite stable IP assignments (as this is what filters pick up upon). There are some hosts that will upgrade for you till the racks a re full, but not all do.

OVH, Hetzner and Online seems my best bet as far as cheap dedi is concerned.
Yes, they are good.
Hetzner is stricter and gives you normally only 1 (with valid request 6 IPs).
OVH has some very good dedi for under $200 with up to 256 IPs (consider that some charge between $0.50 to $2 per month per IP, though they have a setup of $3/IP, probably to deter abuse, but they can patch them in any time, so one does not have to take all from the outset).
Can't recall 'online', do you have a link please?

i use Hetzner and the are super about the support / help
right now we puch about 15-20 mill pr day

the setup is simple

we use
2x EX41S-SSD for the apache (webserver) fallover
2x PX61-NVMe for the mysql part. 1 is only for backup if main die
72x SB33 or SB32 whe /27 ranges. for powerMTA (smtp) / ispconfig (bounce part)
1x CX40 for the monitor system like service online / spamcheck and so on
that setup work super but still hard work

about OVH it is not the best firm to do email marketing on . the block the ipś so fast then you have to go in manuel and open the ipś
all the time. where hetzder if you make the setup right so spamcop / others sent to your abuse mailbox then the problem is minum.

Yes, they are good.
Hetzner is stricter and gives you normally only 1 (with valid request 6 IPs).
OVH has some very good dedi for under $200 with up to 256 IPs (consider that some charge between $0.50 to $2 per month per IP, though they have a setup of $3/IP, probably to deter abuse, but they can patch them in any time, so one does not have to take all from the outset).
Can't recall 'online', do you have a link please?

Yeah, Hetzner is very strict and do not give ips if we say we want it for mailing, its not that they dont allow mailing but they said "Mailing is not a valid reason for extra ips" and they say they follow the RIPE rules so you need to have a reason like SSL or DNS then they will give you few ips....

Yes I have used OVH last year few times for mailing and they were fine... its just that we just have to keep the ips in good condition so as to cover the IP cost as its free after first month... when requesting larger IP's via OVH they put me on a phone with thier support asking the need for such large no of ips and wanted to verify that I am a real person lol.

Online is "www.Online.net" they have dedi from 8-9 euros/mn just setup fee is 20 euros something(one time)... I have heard many good reviews about them... its considered alternatives for OVH and Hetzner(and vice versa)..

BTW as I said I will just be hosting the app and won't be mailing from these companies servers, so I don't think I'll be needing more ips unless I want to put ssl on it.

i use Hetzner and the are super about the support / help
right now we puch about 15-20 mill pr day

the setup is simple

we use
2x EX41S-SSD for the apache (webserver) fallover
2x PX61-NVMe for the mysql part. 1 is only for backup if main die
72x SB33 or SB32 whe /27 ranges. for powerMTA (smtp) / ispconfig (bounce part)
1x CX40 for the monitor system like service online / spamcheck and so on
that setup work super but still hard work

Hey do you mind telling how did they allocate /27??
What did you tell them for extra ips? I told them I need extra ips for mailing but they refused saying its not a valid reason.

hmm on the OVH part I didn't encounter such problem with them, maybe you had bad luck and they gave you bad ips :/

Hey do you mind telling how did they allocate /27??
What did you tell them for extra ips? I told them I need extra ips for mailing but they refused saying its not a valid reason.

hmm on the OVH part I didn't encounter such problem with them, maybe you had bad luck and they gave you bad ips :/

the have a panel in the backend where the servers is.
then the have all the ranges
then in the info box you type cloud you use it for that

Hi everyone,
its been a long time...for me to visit on this forum as i was busy in custme code Mailwizz to suite y requirment.
We are Now pushing 6-8 Million Per hour constantly without any Problem, Total List Subscribers are more than 60+ Million.
have a Look.

View attachment 3258

View attachment 3259
Impressive, considering you are still on the old version.
Do you find it faster? What sending method do you use?

Hi everyone,
its been a long time...for me to visit on this forum as i was busy in custme code Mailwizz to suite y requirment.
We are Now pushing 6-8 Million Per hour constantly without any Problem, Total List Subscribers are more than 60+ Million.
have a Look.

View attachment 3258

View attachment 3259
HOLY SHIT bro!!!

Thats a TON of volume you got there :)
Do you mind if I pick your brain a bit?? It would be very helpful to me if you have some time for some discussion.

I have so many questions, how did you add 1k delivery servers? What plugin is that which is showing the ip score info?? What are your server specs where your mailwizz app is hosted?

Hi again all,

About the limit thing, it seems there is no limit for importing but for exporting the limit is 100k and cannot be increase above that.

Any help? Can I edit some file so the limit can be increased to say 10M?

Hi again all,

About the limit thing, it seems there is no limit for importing but for exporting the limit is 100k and cannot be increase above that.

Hello,

I installed Mailwizz first time during the weekend and I would also be interested in this information!

Also, thank you so much for the details pradeep sharma, they're much appreciated. Any chance you could shed some more light into your delivery server setup, as that is a huge number of servers you have. The plugins also seem nice, are they in-house? ;)

how did you add 1k delivery servers?
You will find a mass delivery server ex/import function in 'delivery servers' overview.

Hi again all,

Adjustments re list ex/import size can be made here:
/backend/settings/import-export

;)

Back