Amazon SES and Bounce Handling

That was mostly French to me.
Which part? Please be specific. Quote what was unclear. But also read what was already explained. Thx.

I have no concept of webhooks or bounce servers.
A webhook (no harm googling it) is (simplified) like a URL call with a password in it (see your looong api keys for ses) so only the sender and recipient can communicate on it, quite similar to how you would call a webpage in a browser, and so it sends notifications from ses back to mwz.
Bounce server was actually explained (simplified) above.

Im am a newbie ( a web designer who understands Databases and graphics)
Then you are fine, and will get the hang of it quickly, much quicker than those that do not have such a good background :)

I am literally learning new things daily and am just starting to adjust to the lingo
You are doing fine!

Is there an advantage to keeping bounces form the prying eyes of Amazon so it doesnt affect my sending reputation?
In many cases the sending service/MTA (here ses) will see the bounces anyway and then route them to the designated bounce address, or the receiving server does not care for what is set in the bounce server and sends it back to the sender/FROM. Hence, it might be best to have FROM=BOUNCE=ReplyTo, since this does not leave room for interpretation and hence no way for filters to 'think' and classify your mail as junk based on those addresses.
Using a free email provider like gmail or yahoo as bounce box might yield trouble if accessed too oft, so if you must use them, then perhaps adjust the bounce cron to less frequent runs (and use imap, since it is lighter usage, which some also appreciate with higher allowance).

Or should I just configure the WEB API and create another server then disable the others?
Not sure what you mean.

Or should I just configure the WEB API and create another server then disable the others?
Should I create another server setting up SES to use the WEB API instead of SMTP option.? not sure how that got lost in translation
You can set up multiple send servers in MW i can just create another then disable the SMTP one I have running now.

Should I create another server setting up SES to use the WEB API instead of SMTP option.? not sure how that got lost in translation
You can set up multiple send servers in MW i can just create another then disable the SMTP one I have running now.
Since 'server' can mean various things, it was not clear what you mean(t) (BS, DS, etc).
You can create several (theoretically unlimited) Delivery Servers (DS) in mwz.
Usually you would create one DS per service you use (e.g. one for Amazon SES).
You can disable any of your DS anytime.
In campaign setup you can choose which DS to use (if not assigned to customer/denied by admin).

Last edited:
ok let me slow it down. I have the ability to connect to SES with the WEB API option. I already have a Delivery server authenticated and connected using the SMTP option. SHOULD I create another Delivery Server using the non SMTP method and delete the one created that connects SMTP.

in other words create a completely new SES delivery server using the WEB API option in the drop down list

@mdacom - I haven't followed the thread, but if you can use a delivery server of type web api, always do it, regardless the fact is amazon, sparkpost, or anything else. Mostly because is much faster to send via these type of servers and secondly that they will handle bounces for you automatically by creating the right subscriptions for these type of notifications (with a few exceptions, ses will work just fine)

SHOULD I create another Delivery Server using the non SMTP method and delete the one created that connects SMTP.
You can, but you don't have to. You can have both, and disable whichever you don't want to use at the moment.
Web API is easier at the beginning, since any things are done for you automatically, after setup.
However, the setup of the AmazonSES Web API is harder than the one of ElasticEmail (150k emails free per month) or the one of SparkPost (100k free/mth).
Basically, with mwz you have (many) good choices ;)

in other words create a completely new SES delivery server using the WEB API option in the drop down list
yes

Back