Adding additional forms?

Pat Friedl

I'd like to set up multiple sign up forms for a list, and also have each redirect to different URLs for a thank you page, or if the user is already subscribed, etc - much like Aweber forms.

In the list overview, it looks like I get a single form, and that's it. Is this even possible to do at this time?

For now just a single signup form, if you need more you can use the api to create how many you need.

Grrr. Will custom forms be available in the next or future versions? If I'm going to set this up for local clients, letting them create their own forms without coding will be a necessity!

Thing is this isn't a form builder, it provides a form for each list as it should be. You could try something like layered popups for your customers.

Don't need a visual form builder like AWeber (those forms look awful anyway), but a way to build forms that handle different logic. I can't think of anybody that uses the forms as-is. Most people dump the code into their opt-in software, OptimizePress, Divi, etc.

For instance, I'd like to be able to create a form that handles this logic via hidden inputs:
Thank you page: stay on same page, default thank you, custom URL
Already subscribed page: stay on same page, default thank you, custom URL
Pass field values (y/n)
Required fields
Basic clientside form validation for required fields
Followup Message or No Followup.

These would be basic/needed options for a form that a front end customer would need to have. Hand coding custom forms against the API isn't a viable solution for a local business client, and I don't have the time to build a custom form for every client.

As an example, I do some product giveaways where a customer lands on the giveaway page. To enter they opt-in to my list, which then sends them to a product page, passing the form variables to the page. I can then use the form vairables to personalize the page - and the product - which results in some pretty impressive conversions.

In Aweber, I can build a form and set the options of subscribe success and already subscribed URLs (the product page) and an option to pass the form variables to the page as a query string. That's basically what I'm asking for.

Even if MailWizz didn't maintain a library of forms, just having a form builder and the code to handle those options would be much, much better than having to manage via external API calls.

To enter they opt-in to my list, which then sends them to a product page, passing the form variables to the page. I can then use the form vairables to personalize the page - and the product - which results in some pretty impressive conversions.
You can do this with mailwizz too, go to /backend/index.php/extensions/index and enable the "List form custom redirect" extension.
Then go to your email list, to the Pages box and select the "Subscription confirm" page for example.
You'll see this:
Screenshot 2016-11-09 19.25.18.png
Now, notice how you have a field to enter a url? You can enter something like:
Code:
https://www.domai.com/index.php?email=[EMAIL]&fname=[FNAME]&lname=[LNAME]
So you can use all defined tags for that list.

And you can do this for other pages too..

In Aweber, I can build a form and set the options of subscribe success and already subscribed URLs (the product page) and an option to pass the form variables to the page as a query string. That's basically what I'm asking for.
Also, in your list, you can set a url where the subscriber is redirected if exists or if not exists:
Screenshot 2016-11-09 19.32.02.png

And you can use custom tags there too...

Yeah I saw those, but that still restricts a user to a single form for that list. My point is that I'd like to be able to pass those options as hidden input fields in the subscription form itself so that I could use multiple thank you or already subscribed URLs per list, like so:

<form action="http://mylistsite.com/lists/ha722frmdd713/subscribe" method="post" accept-charset="utf-8">

<input type="hidden" name="SUBSCRIBE_SUCCESS" value="http://some-other-site.com/thank-you">
<input type="hidden" name="ALREADY_SUBSCRIBED" value="http://some-other-site.com/sorry-already-subscribed">
<input type="hidden" name="PASS_FIELDS" value="1">

<input type="text" class="form-control" name="EMAIL" placeholder="" value="" required>
<input type="text" class="form-control" name="NAME" placeholder="" value="">
<input type="text" class="form-control" name="FNAME" placeholder="" value="">
<input type="text" class="form-control" name="LNAME" placeholder="" value="">
<button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary btn-submit">Subscribe</button>

</form>
<script>
// basic clientside validation
</script>

This way, I'm not limited to a single URL destination for a form and I - or more importantly, my customers - don't have to learn how to create a URL with query strings since the app could automatically handle appending the query string.

An example is a customer/client that's a real estate agent. They have 0 technical skills, but need to create a lead generation form for multiple properties. They may want to add people to a main buyer list, but based on the property, send them to a different thank you page.

Having even a basic form builder (this would make a great paid extension) that would allow a user to create a form with basic inputs: text, radio, range, selects, check boxes, hidden, text areas, etc and set form handling options would be a huge part of the autoresponder and add some pretty heavy value. I'm more than happy to help develop something like this if anybody's interested.

Yeah I saw those, but that still restricts a user to a single form for that list. My point is that I'd like to be able to pass those options as hidden input fields in the subscription form itself so that I could use multiple thank you or already subscribed URLs per list, like so:

<form action="http://mylistsite.com/lists/ha722frmdd713/subscribe" method="post" accept-charset="utf-8">

<input type="hidden" name="SUBSCRIBE_SUCCESS" value="http://some-other-site.com/thank-you">
<input type="hidden" name="ALREADY_SUBSCRIBED" value="http://some-other-site.com/sorry-already-subscribed">
<input type="hidden" name="PASS_FIELDS" value="1">

<input type="text" class="form-control" name="EMAIL" placeholder="" value="" required>
<input type="text" class="form-control" name="NAME" placeholder="" value="">
<input type="text" class="form-control" name="FNAME" placeholder="" value="">
<input type="text" class="form-control" name="LNAME" placeholder="" value="">
<button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary btn-submit">Subscribe</button>

</form>
<script>
// basic clientside validation
</script>

This way, I'm not limited to a single URL destination for a form and I - or more importantly, my customers - don't have to learn how to create a URL with query strings since the app could automatically handle appending the query string.

An example is a customer/client that's a real estate agent. They have 0 technical skills, but need to create a lead generation form for multiple properties. They may want to add people to a main buyer list, but based on the property, send them to a different thank you page.

Having even a basic form builder (this would make a great paid extension) that would allow a user to create a form with basic inputs: text, radio, range, selects, check boxes, hidden, text areas, etc and set form handling options would be a huge part of the autoresponder and add some pretty heavy value. I'm more than happy to help develop something like this if anybody's interested.
So far folks probly use a separate list for each page and mail to several apt lists at the same time, but I think what you described can simplify the clients workflow a lot and would be great to have (either native in-app @twisted1919 or as an extension)!

You can do this with mailwizz too, go to /backend/index.php/extensions/index and enable the "List form custom redirect" extension.
Then go to your email list, to the Pages box and select the "Subscription confirm" page for example.
You'll see this:
View attachment 2738
Now, notice how you have a field to enter a url? You can enter something like:
Code:
https://www.domai.com/index.php?email=[EMAIL]&fname=[FNAME]&lname=[LNAME]
So you can use all defined tags for that list.

And you can do this for other pages too..

I need sth like this... but seems no longer available with latest versions.

Back