Add subscribe form to landing page with proper domain

Dinaras

Hello,
i create a landing page and try to add a list sibscription form inside it but although the form appears there is no recaptch or submit buttn.
I have also created a tracking domain and a landing page domain (both are the same) and can see mailwizz properly using them

I have also added the tracking domains to be allows for validation in Google recaptcha v3 admin panel

Why am i not seeing the submit button and recaptcha?

Thank you
Konstantinos LIadakis

If i add the form with direct html i can see submit button but not captcha
If i submit this form then i am getting redirected to the default mailwizz list form page with an error invalid captcha response
There i can re submit the original now form and see the captcha and confirm my submission
Then optin works ok and receive the double optin email

What am i missing here please?
Thank you

Last edited:
Sure, you may access our installation if you want to check. I can provide more details in a non public ticket if needed
Thank you

May i say here, that even if you add a list form without captch to a landing page, you have to submit it 2 times. One in the landing page and then again in the default list subscribe page.Just in case you missed this problem
Thank you
Dinos

May i say here, that even if you add a list form without captch to a landing page, you have to submit it 2 times. One in the landing page and then again in the default list subscribe page.Just in case you missed this problem
Thank you
Dinos
Are you sure you are redirected to the subscribe form again? Because i tested and it's working correctly, i am redirected to update form when i enter a email which is already in the list.

OK, i tested again in incognito and everything.
If submission is done with a new email and without captcha i am getting redirected to the page success list page. So it looks you are right.
I dont like that the tracking domain used to access the landing page is not used in the redirect. So i accessed landing page with domainA and get redirect to success list page on main mailwizz domain. I wanted to keep using domain A

If i use the same email gain to register to the list then i am redirected to the list form again, fields pre filled and an error This email address is already registered in this list! which is correct. Would be nicer if this error would show up directly in the landing page since it is this same form we are loading.
Hope this helps
Regards
Dinos

OK, i tested again in incognito and everything.
If submission is done with a new email and without captcha i am getting redirected to the page success list page. So it looks you are right.
I dont like that the tracking domain used to access the landing page is not used in the redirect. So i accessed landing page with domainA and get redirect to success list page on main mailwizz domain. I wanted to keep using domain A

If i use the same email gain to register to the list then i am redirected to the list form again, fields pre filled and an error This email address is already registered in this list! which is correct. Would be nicer if this error would show up directly in the landing page since it is this same form we are loading.
Hope this helps
Regards
Dinos
You are right. We will discuss this internally to see how this can be done.

I also noticed that optin email use main mailwizz domain as tracking domain instead of using the created tracking domain for this account. Anyway to force customers tracking domain everywhere after it is created and verified? Why landing pages have their own domain setting? i think tracking domains would be enough for both and takes out the confusion
Thank you
Konstantinos Liadakis

You are right. We will discuss this internally to see how this can be done.
This was indeed a issue, @Dinaras thanks for reporting, we have now fixed it and will be available in the next release.

I also noticed that optin email use main mailwizz domain as tracking domain instead of using the created tracking domain for this account
This has also been fixed, it will use the custom domain.

Why landing pages have their own domain setting?
This is because we wanted to keep things separate, when we saw it might bring confusion, it was too late. But we still believe keeping things separate makes most sense.

Would be nicer if this error would show up directly in the landing page since it is this same form we are loading.
We can't do this as the submit process on it's own requires confirmation, etc. Sorry, but this will stay as is for now.

Hello, returning to this ticket
i upgraded today to 2.3.8 in order to test these bugs.
I found that i am not able to select list after adding the "add subscribe form" block to the landing page
I am getting We are loading the lists. Please wait... and stays there
Check screen shot also
Can you reproduce it?
Thank you
Dinos

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-11-15 13-20-41.png
    Screenshot from 2023-11-15 13-20-41.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 5
Hello,
Most likely it is a cache related issue. I was able to reproduce it on our environment and after deleting the cache of the builder we managed to make it work. Another issue that we need to resolve was the fact that our custom domain has not a valid SSL certificate, so loading the lists was getting an error.
Can you please open a support ticket and share there backend access to your application and FTP access?

Cosmin

How can i delete the cache of the builder? I use same domain both for my landing page and for tracking domain. Dont know if this has anything to do. On the nginx level everything is setup properly with SSL and everything

Oh, we use stripo as email builder. Instead i diasbled enabled all the content builders and when i retried it it worked properly and the captcha. As i was already in the list i got redirected to update page and then update success. All captchas worked, and also the domain was the right domain.
The think is will it happen again? Clearing the cache cleared left overs maybe?
What do you think from your test
EDIT: The landing page was has a custom domain different from the main domain and has proper SSL configured yes

Last edited:
Back