Process campaigns using Redis Queue.

Thanks for all the help. I'm still having difficulties with the Redis queue. Everything seems to just get stuck in pending and never sent when I use it. Looks like I'll need to get one of you guys to set it up correctly for me at some point, does anybody offer that?

In the meantime normal send is actually going pretty fast.

Hi @Michael Wilding I´ve just finished the set up of my mailwizz with normal sending. But now I need to face the next challenge, setting up redis. Did you find someone for hire to set up redis? I have no clue about redis and if I dont understand it quickly I´ll be needing someone... Thank you in advance...

Thanks Jose, would definitely be interested. Rob thank you very much for the offer, we're actually working with @twisted1919 on something different at the moment due to the speed we're needing.

hello, need help, i have successfully run redis on other server infact mailwizz can send it to the redis server but it seems that from redis server it cant send the emails. how would i know if the redis server is sending it or it just stuck there... i have redismon access.
thanks

I just installed redis and phpredis and am testing it. The sending seems to go very fast, but when I check my exim mail queue it isnt increasing at all. The mail queue is still empty. At this point I am still only 50% done sending the campaign.

So how does this work? When do the messages get sent to the exim mail queue? Is there something I have to do to make this happen or will it be done automatically after the campaign finishes sending?

@Howard / @Vroom - You also have to have php's pcntl extension enabled on your server and run the queue command provided by mailwizz:
Code:
/usr/bin/php -q /absolute/path/to/apps/console/console.php queue --workers=10 --interval=5 --verbose=0

Some feedback: I sent 216,000 messages in 52 minutes. Which would be around 250,000 messages per hour. Before I was getting 40,000 to 50,000 messages per hour.

Server load went up to 16 while both the queues and send processes were running. Once the send process finished (with the queues still running) the server load reduced to around 11. Still all sites on the server were reachable so it wasn't that bad of performance hit compared to the increase in speed. Usual server load is around 1.5.

Hey @twisted1919 - Is this command:
Code:
apps/console/commands/shell/send-parallel-campaigns
generates any information/logs with the error, and if so, where to find them? Thx.

If I have a local Postfix (which relays into Port25), would Redis improve throughput or would you say that a local Postfix drop is just as fast?

If i install it i will add more cronjob like
* * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /absolute/path/to/apps/console/console.php queue --workers=10 --interval=5 --verbose=0 >/dev/null 2>&1 &
right ?

I'm test and php_info() : pcntl Jason Greene, Arnaud Le Blanc
but when run /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/liziema/public_html/send/apps/console/console.php queue --workers=10 --interval=5 --verbose=1 =>
[emergency] [11:22:40 2016-01-12] Could not fork worker 0

Last edited:

NOTE: Please do not rely on this functionality anymore. Starting with mailwizz 1.3.5.9 the send-campaigns command has been improved so much that there is no need for Redis or the like anymore so in the future we will remove redis from mailwizz entirely.

You can use it for cache and mutexes like the above article says, with great performance improvements.

Redis for Mutex generate duplicate emails. We ran several tests and all works fine with redis for cache but redis for mutex. (version 1.7.5) 100 batches/100 emails each

Last edited:
Back