Unsubscribe vs Disable subscriber and some translation issues

Napoolion

Hi,

What is the difference between unsubscribe and disable subscriber.
Also what exactly happens if you choose unapproved for a subscriber in list?

I have some translation issues too.
If I need to use foreign characters like öäü I have to use something like this to make it work: http://www.web2generators.com/html-based-tools/online-html-entities-encoder-and-decoder

That is fine, but problem comes when I need to translate a field like this. (See image attached)
attac.png

If i just type öäü in, it will display nothing.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi,

If I need to use foreign characters like öäü I have to use something like this to make it work: http://www.web2generators.com/html-based-tools/online-html-entities-encoder-and-decoder

That is fine, but problem comes when I need to translate a field like this. (See image attached)

Thank you!

the easiest way is to use what people use when they write on keyboards without these characters:
ä = ae
ö = oe
ü = ue
this may not be the most beautiful solution, but it works under any circumstances, as all ASCII 0-127 is properly defined around the world
;)

the easiest way is to use what people use when they write on keyboards without these characters:
ä = ae
ö = oe
ü = ue
this may not be the most beautiful solution, but it works under any circumstances, as all ASCII 0-127 is properly defined around the world
;)
Thank you for the answer.

However I really can't do something like this. It is very ugly, it would not work with my language and my clients think I might have a concussion.

Is there any other solution :)?

Thank you!

Hi,

attac.png

Thank you!

try these
http://www.periodni.com/unicode_utf-8_encoding.html
http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~stolfi/EXPORT/www/ISO-8859-1-Encoding.html

(and some fields may need even this)
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp

I had actually forgot that I have had this problem before and I solved it then.
I used the html encoder, the link I first posted.

If it didn't work, I used this: http://www.i18nqa.com/debug/utf8-debug.html

And I pasted letters like this into the translation files:
Õ - Õ
õ - õ
ö - ö
ü - ü
ä - ä

Hope it helps someone.

Thanks!

Oh, one more question. With new update you can "disable" subscriber. What does it exactly do instead of regular unsubscribe?

@Napoolion - The disable function is used when you don't want to remove a subscriber from the list, but just disable it temporary so that later you can easily enable it back.

Hi,
I have the same question as this person. So what is the difference with unsubscribe? We can also update to subscribe them back right?

Another thing is, confirmed and unconfirmed... What's the difference between subscribe and unsubscribe?

Last edited:
what is the difference with unsubscribe?
see here
@Napoolion - The disable function is used when you don't want to remove a subscriber from the list, but just disable it temporary so that later you can easily enable it back.

confirmed and unconfirmed... What's the difference between subscribe and unsubscribe?
"confirmed" = if subscriber subscribed in single opt-in, or, if subscriber clicked confirmation link in double opt-in confirmation email
"unconfirmed" = before subscriber clicked confirmation link in double opt-in confirmation email
"subscribe" = see above re different "confirmed" status
"unsubscribe" = nowadays usually only via direct one click unsubscribe link, but sometimes still double opt-out where unsubscribe link triggered unsubscribe email needs to be clicked

is there a way to BULK "disable" people?
I have about 2,000 that I'd like to STOP sending for a few weeks/months, then START again, but can't figure out how... plus, do DISABLED count toward EMAIL LIST COUNT?

is there a way to BULK "disable" people?
I have about 2,000 that I'd like to STOP sending for a few weeks/months, then START again, but can't figure out how... plus, do DISABLED count toward EMAIL LIST COUNT?
In your list > subscribers select all desiderated subscribers and from dropdown select disable.

Screenshot 2021-09-23 at 08.13.05.png

THANK YOU!!! One last question on this... do DISABLED email addresses count toward the LIST'S LIMIT (if a customer is on a 1000 email plan will DISABLING 100 emails allow them to upload a new 100?)
No, you can't , all subscribers are counted doesn't matter status of subscriber.

In your list > subscribers select all desiderated subscribers and from dropdown select disable.

View attachment 14653
Is there a bulk Enable? I plan to disable a few 1000 hotmail addresses so I can finish off the campaign and send to all other addresses. I can't find where I would be able to bulk Enable them and I don't want to have to enable them one by one as that would take hours and hours.

Is there a bulk Enable? I plan to disable a few 1000 hotmail addresses so I can finish off the campaign and send to all other addresses. I can't find where I would be able to bulk Enable them and I don't want to have to enable them one by one as that would take hours and hours.
You can use filters from Lists > All subscribers > Filters

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 09.49.00.png

Interesting topic, even though pretty old.

My questions are:
  1. When disabling a subscriber, does it actually pause sending autoresponder emails?
  2. Does sending the autoresponder emails resume where they stopped, after re-enabling (=subscribing) them again?

When disabling a subscriber, does it actually pause sending autoresponder emails?
Campaign is sent only to subscribers with status CONFIRMED.
Does sending the autoresponder emails resume where they stopped, after re-enabling (=subscribing) them again?
Yes, if a subscriber has another status and then is updated to confirmed the autoresponder campaign will be sent and to this subscriber. For this you need to have this option enabled: Incl. current subscribers > Yes.

Yes, if a subscriber has another status and then is updated to confirmed the autoresponder campaign will be sent and to this subscriber. For this you need to have this option enabled: Incl. current subscribers > Yes.
Hmmm, I'm not sure if I understand correctly.

Here's the thing. People buy a subscription product on my site and when a subscriber's payment is late or stops, their subscription is put on hold. And then their status in MailWizz is set to 'Disabled' (via the API) to pause email sending.

Once they make a late payment and their subscription is reactivated (via the API), their MailWizz status is set back to 'Subscribed'.

Will the autoresponder emails then resume from where they stopped, start from the beginning, or will the subscriber receive all the missed emails at once to catch up?

Will the autoresponder emails then resume from where they stopped, start from the beginning, or will the subscriber receive all the missed emails at once to catch up?
If you have several autoresponder campaigns, all campaigns targeting the list with that subscriber will be sent to him.

Back