Determine interest in email validation as a low cost service

Hi,

There has been good progress on the platform, here are some API returns as examples.

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"ted@dubasikcpa.com","result":"catch-all","reason":"catch-all domain","account":"ted","domain":"dubasikcpa.com","smtp_provider":"dubasikcpa.com","mx_record":"alt1.aspmx.l.google.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-20 21:24:23"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"info@kenvictraining.com","result":"catch-all","reason":"role_based_catch_all","account":"info","domain":"kenvictraining.com","smtp_provider":"kenvictraining.com","mx_record":"aspmx3.googlemail.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-20 21:26:07"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"aeasterwood@springwoodmarketing.com","result":"valid","reason":"non catch-all domain","account":"aeasterwood","domain":"springwoodmarketing.com","smtp_provider":"springwoodmarketing.com","mx_record":"alt2.aspmx.l.google.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-20 21:27:21"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"info@pacificmedicalcare.net","result":"valid","reason":"role_based","account":"info","domain":"pacificmedicalcare.net","smtp_provider":"pacificmedicalcare.net","mx_record":"alt2.aspmx.l.google.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-20 21:44:59"}}

This is great. Would it be possible to preview this service? I will have to go in for a service in the next 2-3 days for a customer.

Hi,

I can give access to the api over the next 2-3 days. I'm today running through the API, looking for anything at all that's not correct and maybe some code optimization, and then I'm stress testing it tomorrow.

Once the stress test is done and all is good, I can give access. Response time is also good, and is between 0.5 sec - 1.7 sec per query depending, the goal for now is at least 6,000 queries per sec, although i'm aiming for 12,000 per sec as a starting point.

This will ensure performance for even the most demanding of needs, and will give between 360,000 - 720,000 queries per min, which i think is a good performance.

In addition, bulk uploading is also available via the api, so a csv file, which will be cleaned and returned. All API requests go to your accounts API list as permanent records with all info.

The API also accepts extra fields such name , phone number, address and rather a lot of others, in addition you can create custom fields for extra data columns should you want or need to. This means that if you want the data validated by the api to be structured in the api list, you can. You can of course also export the API list later if you want to.

On the plus side, most of the above is complete and its in the testing phase, so it wont a be preview as much as fully functional platform you are getting access too which was always the goal, everything working perfectly from the start.

Last edited:
Hi,

The code is done, I'm onto testing the api, so far so good. I've decided to try something a little different on the substatus for response codes although this is mainly for the error validations and gives the exact error code thus giving users better detail on invalid emails, please let me know your thoughts on the detail given, I'm giving an even spread on results on the usual details available. It also takes into account over loaded mail servers when checking, so it doesn't time out and at least gives a result.

We are certainly getting close to api accounts being available, maybe even tomorrow. please let me know daily volumes beforehand.

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"khgunderson@upstel.net","result":"invalid","reason":"550 cuda_nsu khgunderson@upstel.net unknown user account","account":"khgunderson","domain":"upstel.net","smtp_provider":"upstel.net","mx_record":"spamfilter2.sytekcom.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-21 14:54:38"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"marlaina@bluskyyrealty.com","result":"invalid","reason":"550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.","account":"marlaina","domain":"bluskyyrealty.com","smtp_provider":"bluskyyrealty.com","mx_record":"aspmx.l.google.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-21 15:01:05"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"info@bowandarrownyc.com","result":"valid","reason":"role_based_non-catch_all_domain","account":"info","domain":"bowandarrownyc.com","smtp_provider":"bowandarrownyc.com","mx_record":"bowandarrownyc-com.mail.protection.outlook.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-21 15:05:51"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"info@baproductionsinc.com","result":"catch-all","reason":"role_based_catch_all_domain","account":"info","domain":"baproductionsinc.com","smtp_provider":"baproductionsinc.com","mx_record":"aspmx.l.google.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-21 15:21:53"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"facebook@totaltherapysolutions.com","result":"invalid","reason":"550 No Such User Here\"","account":"facebook","domain":"totaltherapysolutions.com","smtp_provider":"totaltherapysolutions.com","mx_record":"mail.totaltherapysolutions.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-21 15:29:01"}}

Last edited:
Hi,

The code is done, I'm onto testing the api, so far so good. I've decided to try something a little different on the substatus for response codes although this is mainly for the error validations and gives the exact error code thus giving users better detail on invalid emails, please let me know your thoughts on the detail given, I'm giving an even spread on results on the usual details available. It also takes into account over loaded mail servers when checking, so it doesn't time out and at least gives a result.

We are certainly getting close to api accounts being available, maybe even tomorrow. please let me know daily volumes beforehand.

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"khgunderson@upstel.net","result":"invalid","reason":"550 cuda_nsu khgunderson@upstel.net unknown user account","account":"khgunderson","domain":"upstel.net","smtp_provider":"upstel.net","mx_record":"spamfilter2.sytekcom.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-21 14:54:38"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"marlaina@bluskyyrealty.com","result":"invalid","reason":"550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.","account":"marlaina","domain":"bluskyyrealty.com","smtp_provider":"bluskyyrealty.com","mx_record":"aspmx.l.google.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-21 15:01:05"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"info@bowandarrownyc.com","result":"valid","reason":"role_based_non-catch_all_domain","account":"info","domain":"bowandarrownyc.com","smtp_provider":"bowandarrownyc.com","mx_record":"bowandarrownyc-com.mail.protection.outlook.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-21 15:05:51"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"info@baproductionsinc.com","result":"catch-all","reason":"role_based_catch_all_domain","account":"info","domain":"baproductionsinc.com","smtp_provider":"baproductionsinc.com","mx_record":"aspmx.l.google.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-21 15:21:53"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"facebook@totaltherapysolutions.com","result":"invalid","reason":"550 No Such User Here\"","account":"facebook","domain":"totaltherapysolutions.com","smtp_provider":"totaltherapysolutions.com","mx_record":"mail.totaltherapysolutions.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-21 15:29:01"}}

1. As far as I concerned and understand, even 6000 queries per second would be more than sufficient. Just an idea: Maybe instead of limiting the number of email addresses that can be tested per day, you could limit it to the number of queries per unit time. That would help keep the server loads under check and the higher costing plans could have access to better speeds. That way a customer paying more will have better speeds and consequently more number of records.

2. The ability to process CSV files with custom fields will be very very good.

3. Is it possible to code the system such that depending on the users choice, the system could return two types of results - one short result [ ok, bad, not tested / available ] and other long in the JSON format as listed above by you. The reasoning behind this is that people opting for smaller packs would not be professionals or are not interested in the detailed results, but just want to know whether the email address is good to go or not.

4. Are you also planning to make a plugin available for MailWizz?

5. This one is totally new and one might even term it as something crazy : But is it possible to make something (an app or a plugin) that would sit between the email sender software / program and check each email address using the selected third party SMTP server and only on success allow the mail to pass through (E.g. Outlook / MailWizz -> System to check email address -> Allow mail to this email address)?

6. A feature to incrementally add and periodically check email addresses would also be a feature that no one else is offering. Maybe a database to keep track of bad domains and bad email addresses can be kept along with good ones and the user can be presented a choice to periodically check the email addresses.

These are just my thoughts. In any case I do not know the innards of your system to give a firm view. :)

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, you'll be pleased to know most of your ideas are already taken care of.

The 6000 / sec is to allow clients to get their queries done very quickly. So lets say your on the 25,000 per day package, in no time your emails are validated and you are ready to send. Of course this may be the only send you have for the day, but regardless of the speed, your 25,000 for the day will be used up, but its better than some of the other guys who limit you to 5 - 10 validations per sec which is very slow by anyone's standards.

2. This is done, via API and UI.

3. the mailwizz plugin already strips out the detail and only uses the result part of the response. I will change the api call slightly, so you can request only the result, or all the detail, the standard call will be status only, and adding the extra request parameter will give full detail.

4. there is a mailwizz plugin already, I just want to test it more before release. You'll notice that testing is very much featured before any release.

5. The mailwizz plugin also already allows this based on settings chosen.

6. Option 1 - there is list management built into the platform, so you can load your list, add to it, delete from it, split lists etc, it also allows you to just hit the validate list button which you can then export.

Option 2, just validate your emails upon sending via the extension, so every time you send your list gets cleaned
, this also can be set for exporting lists, importing lists, and sending emails.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply, you'll be pleased to know most of your ideas are already taken care of.

The 6000 / sec is to allow clients to get their queries done very quickly. So lets say your on the 25,000 per day package, in no time your emails are validated and you are ready to send. Of course this may be the only send you have for the day, but regardless of the speed, your 25,000 for the day will be used up, but its better than some of the other guys who limit you to 5 - 10 validations per sec which is very slow by anyone's standards.

2. This is done, via API and UI.

3. the mailwizz plugin already strips out the detail and only uses the result part of the response. I will change the api call slightly, so you can request only the result, or all the detail, the standard call will be status only, and adding the extra request parameter will give full detail.

4. there is a mailwizz plugin already, I just want to test it more before release. You'll notice that testing is very much featured before any release.

5. The mailwizz plugin also already allows this based on settings chosen.

6. Option 1 - there is list management built into the platform, so you can load your list, add to it, delete from it, split lists etc, it also allows you to just hit the validate list button which you can then export.

Option 2, just validate your emails upon sending via the extension, so every time you send your list gets cleaned
, this also can be set for exporting lists, importing lists, and sending emails.

In that case I cannot wait to lay my hands and start using it!!!!

Hi,

Firstly I thank you, I really appreciate it, its been a lot of hard work to get to this point.

Secondly I present the first public screenshot of the API list, your info is not only recorded via API but also as per the list management is available with full details of every API call made, and additionally, exportable of course.

You'll note the various export options available, in many formats. This is the list view, which can be modified to suit any and all view requirements per list with additional custom field requirements per list, these are the default settings shown.

You'll notice the first 3 fields are blank, it is because I haven't made use of these via the API, but around 10 standard additional fields are available, and you can set any additional number via the custom fields option, making sure your list data remains structured the way you want it, all via the API, or the standard list management import option which includes syntax checking and duplicates removal.

The API itself also features syntax checking and correction where possible, auto-correcting your email addresses in the case of typo's.

API_list_view.png

Last edited:
Hi,

Firstly I thank you, I really appreciate it, its been a lot of hard work to get to this point.

Secondly I present the first public screenshot of the API list, your info is not only recorded via API but also as per the list management is available with full details of every API call made, and additionally, exportable of course.

You'll note the various export options available, in many formats. This is the list view, which can be modified to suit any and all view requirements per list with additional custom field requirements per list, these are the default settings shown.

You'll notice the first 3 fields are blank, it is because I haven't made use of these via the API, but around 10 standard additional fields are available, and you can set any additional number via the custom fields option, making sure your list data remains structured the way you want it, all via the API, or the standard list management import option which includes syntax checking and duplicates removal.

The API itself also features syntax checking and correction where possible, auto-correcting your email addresses in the case of typo's.

API_list_view.png
Nice nuance in the responses, how many variations are there?

Hi,

well absolutely every response is available, there are a few in the view above, I always try to give a fair presentation of different responses.

In addition, in the case of invalids, I have decided to give the actual error code in the response, so the user can see the exact problem.

every different type of response has been tested to work, and give proper feedback in the response/substatus field.

In addition, connection errors are basically non existent so there's always a result.

I will however give the full range of responses one can expect and put that documentation together, invalids being the actual error code , the response differs from mail server to mail server, so I wouldn't say infinite, but certainly there are quite a few variations on the theme that come back.

I'm going onto testing the plugin for mailmizz now, I'm pleased to report that the import process on mailwizz runs, the list is imported and the API List is being updated

It does run slower than normal for importing because of the validation calls, but I imagine its like this on all import validation extensions.

There will be additional testing however to ensure everything is perfect before release.

Last edited:
Since we getting to the point where users can start signing up, we're announcing an introductory offer for those who don't need to validate a lot of emails, or a lot per day.

Its is $99 once off for lifetime access for 1000 email validations per day.

Since we getting to the point where users can start signing up, we're announcing an introductory offer for those who don't need to validate a lot of emails, or a lot per day.

Its is $99 once off for lifetime access for 1000 email validations per day.

This is steep, especially if one is required to pay without seeing the performance...

Hi,

Its just an idea the marketing guys had, and its been made available to everyone for a limited time only, so I thought I'd put it here as well.

There will of course be demo accounts, so everyone can see the performance before signing up for anything. There are no upfront obligations of any kind, and everyone can choose the account they want, at the price point they want.

There are however going to be various special offers, and I thought it would be a good idea to keep everyone informed.

I should mention the mailwizz extension isn't multi threaded, I'll see if something can be done about this, but it is in line with the other mailwizz validation extensions already on offer, speed wise.

Well that's fine, as long as your happy, well that's how it goes sometimes.

I know its taken a bit longer to complete than expected, but its actually a massive undertaking and we have to be so careful that the platform works as advertised, that the speeds are in place, that the UI is pleasing and easy to use.

Then of course the mailwizz extension had to be created and tested as well.

You do realize we're only on some last UI updates at the moment and then we're done, and in a turn around time of 3 -4 weeks from idea to completion of a world class product.

So once its up and running you're more than welcome to a demo account, to try it out.

I understand you likely couldn't wait any longer and so had to make a call due to circumstance, but from my side I also cannot release until it is perfect in every way, and as always in this there can be delays, which have also occurred.

and so the 2 needs, very much valid to each party, are also not in sync currently.

Hi,

Oh right, that's a great idea, Thank you.

Here's the dashboard, its undergoing a revamp to improve the UX. Otherwise it's basically ready to go.

There will be a few extra features in there, but thats pretty much how it'll look.

The idea is global knowledge of your validations, in the dashboard, over any time period, at a glance.

Then for for more in depth info you can always go to your lists, or to statistics.

dashboard.png

Well that's fine, as long as your happy, well that's how it goes sometimes.

I know its taken a bit longer to complete than expected, but its actually a massive undertaking and we have to be so careful that the platform works as advertised, that the speeds are in place, that the UI is pleasing and easy to use.

Then of course the mailwizz extension had to be created and tested as well.

You do realize we're only on some last UI updates at the moment and then we're done, and in a turn around time of 3 -4 weeks from idea to completion of a world class product.

So once its up and running you're more than welcome to a demo account, to try it out.

I understand you likely couldn't wait any longer and so had to make a call due to circumstance, but from my side I also cannot release until it is perfect in every way, and as always in this there can be delays, which have also occurred.

and so the 2 needs, very much valid to each party, are also not in sync currently.

Yes, you are correct. I could not have waited any further. I had to integrate the email validation and testing to my email extraction script.

Please do let me know once your service is ready and I will be more than happy to try it out.

Thanks

Back