Determine interest in email validation as a low cost service

Nitrious

Hi,

I have email verification technology which I have had to develop due to my email list size of around 12-14 million email addresses, which is rather expensive to verify traditionally.

I'm giving thought to making this available as a service to the community as low cost alternative to the regular email verification alternatives.

accuracy is very high, gmail for instance is 100%, verification results show the exact information rather than some generic valid, invalid or unknown, although this is also available as a summary.

Greylisted and unknowns are tested until they resolve to either good or bad, so all emails are checked until completion.

Catchalls are also identified as such, so you can decide how you would like to proceed, usually mixing in as a small percentage of the total verified ones.

Anyway, thank you for reading and please let me know if there is any interest. An extension would of course be provided, and has in fact already been created for my own purposes.

The idea of this is to offer low cost email verification at such a price point that every email address could be verified before sending as a default thus maintaining your delivery servers reputation.and making clients email lists not only clean, but improving their value.

Please also indicate affordable price points and volumes when responding.

Thank you again for reading,

Regards,

Wayne (nitrious)

Yes, you are right. Email Validation is expensive, too expensive and yet we use a cheap service. It's mandatory in our SaaS. I've been thinking of having my company's developers create a service that we can use, but I'm all ears.

What price tag are you thinking of?
When can you have such a service be available?

Hi,

I have email verification technology which I have had to develop due to my email list size of around 12-14 million email addresses, which is rather expensive to verify traditionally.

I'm giving thought to making this available as a service to the community as low cost alternative to the regular email verification alternatives.

accuracy is very high, gmail for instance is 100%, verification results show the exact information rather than some generic valid, invalid or unknown, although this is also available as a summary.

Greylisted and unknowns are tested until they resolve to either good or bad, so all emails are checked until completion.

Catchalls are also identified as such, so you can decide how you would like to proceed, usually mixing in as a small percentage of the total verified ones.

Anyway, thank you for reading and please let me know if there is any interest. An extension would of course be provided, and has in fact already been created for my own purposes.

The idea of this is to offer low cost email verification at such a price point that every email address could be verified before sending as a default thus maintaining your delivery servers reputation.and making clients email lists not only clean, but improving their value.

Please also indicate affordable price points and volumes when responding.

Thank you again for reading,

Regards,

Wayne (nitrious)
Perhaps the extension price point like comparable ones, about $20, and price per 1M no more than $200.
That would not be the best, but definitely quite competitive.

Hi,

Thank you for the views shared above.

Well the extension could either be free or $20, so that's fine and easy enough.

The reality of email verification is there are monthly running costs attached to it, the costs ramp up with volumes.

I was thinking of basing it on volumes per day, as this directly affects the number of servers needed to operate and the running costs thereof.

So my suggestion is as follows, keeping in mind these are prices that include the raw costs you would anyway have to pay if you had your own solution.

I'll make it email verification's per day which of course would be every day, this structure and pricing is very much open to further suggestions however.

I'm also putting pricing from email-verify.my-addr.com in as well for comparison, they seem to be the cheapest best alternative so far and I like the views expressed on their site.

In fact I've almost finished an extension for their services as well, simply because I like them, I just want to get permission from twisted1919 first for this particular item or proceed in whichever way suits everyone.

In all cases below the infrastructure is being setup for redundancy to ensure availability. You wont have to worry about any of this however, and it will be completely managed as a solution transparently. I just thought I'd mention it. The setup would also allow for quick and efficient resolution of email verification as well due to load balancing.

Please also keep in mind the code has been in use by myself for almost 2 years now. There is of course support available, calls would be via the extension via api so nice and easy as well.

emailverification.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, the numbers and value proposition look good to me too.

I guess the only thing to do now is make everything available. Please give me a few days to check everything thoroughly again at which point I'll put the website here. The platform will also allow csv import should that be of interest to everyone, as per the usual way.

Hi,

This looks interesting and cheap. However, I do have a suggestion. Please keep one option for buying and using credits as one likes. This is especially helpful for users like us who are using MailWizz for our personal use and might not have thousands of addresses at one go to verify and so the cost becomes steep / email address verified. Probably, if possible, you could offer 'sachet' size say 5000 / 10000 verification packs or maybe limit the verification rate per unit time.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for the idea, and the feedback.

I'm quite happy to add that to the mix, so in numbers of emails as a once off or even 5,000 , 10,000 per day offerings.

Based on current pricing set out, 5,000 per day could go for $5 per month, 10,000 per day for $10 per month.

The pricing is linear and based on servers needed per unit of volume calculated to ensure fast reliable service.

in addition once off packs can also be made available and topped up as needed. I'll look into acceptable price points on this and make them available.

I should mention I have added list management as test idea for the csv uploads part of the platform. Its already working and functional.

I haven't seen it anywhere else on verification platforms but feel it may be a welcome addition as its something we all need to deal with.

It adds a slight amount of complexity to the csv upload side, but I feel the benefits outweigh any slight inconvenience.

The complexity is basically adding a list name and then importing but allows granular control of your email list. Custom fields for importing is also supported should there be a need.

Many of my lists have fields outside of the norm, and I prefer to have all my data centralized as I'm sure many of you do, not just an email address and is it valid or not.

So its there as an addon feature should it be needed, but api validation is getting the most focus as its the most convenient for most users.

As always the focus is on features and user friendliness, while adding value.

Please also know that features will be added, and modified based on user experiences to give all the options in the way that best serves the users.

As I'm typing now, the platform is being made ready, and we're all working over here on the checks and balances to make sure expectations are met in every way.

We are also making sure we are GDPR compliant and have a policy setup already which is in line with international standards.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for the views shared above.

Well the extension could either be free or $20, so that's fine and easy enough.

The reality of email verification is there are monthly running costs attached to it, the costs ramp up with volumes.

I was thinking of basing it on volumes per day, as this directly affects the number of servers needed to operate and the running costs thereof.

So my suggestion is as follows, keeping in mind these are prices that include the raw costs you would anyway have to pay if you had your own solution.

I'll make it email verification's per day which of course would be every day, this structure and pricing is very much open to further suggestions however.

I'm also putting pricing from email-verify.my-addr.com in as well for comparison, they seem to be the cheapest best alternative so far and I like the views expressed on their site.

In fact I've almost finished an extension for their services as well, simply because I like them, I just want to get permission from twisted1919 first for this particular item or proceed in whichever way suits everyone.

In all cases below the infrastructure is being setup for redundancy to ensure availability. You wont have to worry about any of this however, and it will be completely managed as a solution transparently. I just thought I'd mention it. The setup would also allow for quick and efficient resolution of email verification as well due to load balancing.

Please also keep in mind the code has been in use by myself for almost 2 years now. There is of course support available, calls would be via the extension via api so nice and easy as well.

emailverification.jpg
Looks Good.

Hi,

This looks interesting and cheap. However, I do have a suggestion. Please keep one option for buying and using credits as one likes. This is especially helpful for users like us who are using MailWizz for our personal use and might not have thousands of addresses at one go to verify and so the cost becomes steep / email address verified. Probably, if possible, you could offer 'sachet' size say 5000 / 10000 verification packs or maybe limit the verification rate per unit time.

Thanks
I like the idea of having option for buying credits like https://email-verify.my-addr.com offers. In my case I use verification a few hundreds of emails (in only 1 day) every 3 or 4 months.

Hi,

The purchase options you've asked for will be added. The payment side is getting the least attention right now, but accounts can be created to whatever limits you would like, either validations per day, or simply an amount of email validations which doesn't expire. Once everything else is exactly where it should be, the payments side will get full attention, but for now the options you're asking for are available.

At present the validation code is under going upgrades and risky mail server destinations, aka spam trap destinations can now be identified as such. This is domain based spam traps put in place by the likes of spamhaus etc. rather than an old recycled account email address with gmail for example based smtp traps.

There is further an improvement on a way to verify accurately catchall email addresses as valid or invalid or mailbox full or whatever the case may be. I may put this feature in now, or in a future update, I will see during the day.

This also works accurately for those pesky providers like yahoo who always say that an account is available as an anti-spam measure.

Then its running through the interface again and doing any outstanding tweaks there, the information presented already is such that you can see at a glance whats going on at any time and over what time frame.

Interesting info is also presented, the geo location of the domains, which domains have the highest number of validations all in visual form. Of course the numbers of validations and major groups they fall into.

Again the focus is on granular control and insight into operations in a presentation format that increases the user experience positively.

So that's the progress so far, the accounts asked for are available in whichever form, and the validation is being upgraded regarding risky mail servers and catchalls. Of course the usual validations are available already, with exact technical information on email address status.

Last edited:
Hi,

The purchase options you've asked for will be added. The payment side is getting the least attention right now, but accounts can be created to whatever limits you would like, either validations per day, or simply an amount of email validations which doesn't expire. Once everything else is exactly where it should be, the payments side will get full attention, but for now the options you're asking for are available.

At present the validation code is under going upgrades and risky mail server destinations, aka spam trap destinations can now be identified as such. This is domain based spam traps put in place by the likes of spamhaus etc. rather than an old recycled account email address with gmail for example based smtp traps.

There is further an improvement on a way to verify accurately catchall email addresses as valid or invalid or mailbox full or whatever the case may be. I may put this feature in now, or in a future update, I will see during the day.

This also works accurately for those pesky providers like yahoo who always say that an account is available as an anti-spam measure.

Then its running through the interface again and doing any outstanding tweaks there, the information presented already is such that you can see at a glance whats going on at any time and over what time frame.

Interesting info is also presented, the geo location of the domains, which domains have the highest number of validations all in visual form. Of course the numbers of validations and major groups they fall into.

Again the focus is on granular control and insight into operations in a presentation format that increases the user experience positively.

So that's the progress so far, the accounts asked for are available in whichever form, and the validation is being upgraded regarding risky mail servers and catchalls. Of course the usual validations are available already, with exact technical information on email address status.

This is great. Hope you are going to offer validations through API and a plugin to use it from within MailWizz. That way this would automatically become the preferred service for MW users and also the API would allow validations from other programs / codes.

In case you want testers, count me in.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Yes there is already an API and an extension to use within Mailwizz. I think it will be the easiest and best way for everyone to then use it. I am making the platform user interface available with all the nice features but doubt here it will be used much, perhaps the occasional login to see whats happening and see stats which is probably how I'll use it for myself.

Also I think testers would be great, this will also help get feedback on performance, the feature set and user experience. We can definitely do something on this.

Today I did testing on a list with my platform, and then redid it again with zerobounce, the deviation in results is 0.02%. I hope this is accurate enough for you to use it with confidence.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Yes there is already an API and an extension to use within Mailwizz. I think it will be the easiest and best way for everyone to then use it. I am making the platform user interface available with all the nice features but doubt here it will be used much, perhaps the occasional login to see whats happening and see stats which is probably how I'll use it for myself.

Also I think testers would be great, this will also help get feedback on performance, the feature set and user experience. We can definitely do something on this.

Today I did testing on a list with my platform, and then redid it again with zerobounce, the deviation in results is 0.02%. I hope this is accurate enough for you to use it with confidence.

As I said, count me in as a Tester. I will use it for new addresses that are added.

The old addresses are more or less cleaned. As of now, I have set MW to blacklist email addresses after 5 bounces - reason being these third party SMTP servers do not always report the correct reason for bouncing. I am also using 6 of these services so the results should be more or less consistent.

Back to the point, please do let me know as and when you are ready.

Thanks

Hi,

We continue to work hard on getting things ready and are now on the UI tidyups, such as they may be.

As a tester, what sort of daily volumes did you have in mind ?

I'm thinking of a release by feature type for testing if that's ok, so to start the platform will be available, you can login and clean your list.

Then make the API and extension available directly after, although the code is done, I want to triple check everything.

So as things are tested thoroughly on our end and everything is great, they are then released.

I feel this will provide the best tester experience as minimal if any issues will be encountered, and operations will not be affected at all which is my goal.

Although summaries are available good, bad, unknown etc , the error detail returned is quite comprehensive on failed email addresses.

This way you will know the exact reason for failure and there is no guesswork on your part at all. I have some example real error details below :

Working MX record for domain dimamarketing.com is not found.

550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser f18si7857409wmj.172 - gsmtp

550 5.1.1 <chris@qatalystmedia.com>: Email address could not be found, or was misspelled (G8)

Last edited:
During the extensive testing that's been underway, its come to light that an actual individual email servers performance on a send can be simulated, and gives the exact performance of the send, but without the send actually occurring.

I think can be quite useful in determining delivery issues on a server. Its a feature I can add on the validation platform after all the other work is up to date and working.

I'm thinking of adding this because even if your list is clean, you can still run into anti spam measures because of your own servers reputation and risk profile.

I've seen my own sending exactly replicate the validation antispam outcomes when simulated in this way. This way users can test their lists on their platform before a send, and fix anything that needs fixing, before doing the actual email run.

Anyway, its something to think about, please let me know.

Last edited:
Hi,

Awesome :)

Hi,

There has been good progress on the platform, here are some API returns as examples.

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"ted@dubasikcpa.com","result":"catch-all","reason":"catch-all domain","account":"ted","domain":"dubasikcpa.com","smtp_provider":"dubasikcpa.com","mx_record":"alt1.aspmx.l.google.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-20 21:24:23"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"info@kenvictraining.com","result":"catch-all","reason":"role_based_catch_all","account":"info","domain":"kenvictraining.com","smtp_provider":"kenvictraining.com","mx_record":"aspmx3.googlemail.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-20 21:26:07"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"aeasterwood@springwoodmarketing.com","result":"valid","reason":"non catch-all domain","account":"aeasterwood","domain":"springwoodmarketing.com","smtp_provider":"springwoodmarketing.com","mx_record":"alt2.aspmx.l.google.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-20 21:27:21"}}

{"status":"success","response":{"address":"info@pacificmedicalcare.net","result":"valid","reason":"role_based","account":"info","domain":"pacificmedicalcare.net","smtp_provider":"pacificmedicalcare.net","mx_record":"alt2.aspmx.l.google.com","mx_found":"true","processed_at":"2019-11-20 21:44:59"}}

Back