CDN Question

nemesis82

Hy guys,
i have one question regarding CDN usage / settings. I don't know this type of service ( never used ) and I have some question :
1) When I enable CDN, is automatically used for each campaign and overwrite my mailwizz hosting / link?
2) With "Use for email assets" also automatically overwrite all link? Example :
a. I can upload normally through Mailwizz my assets and CDN overwrite them
b. I need to upload my assets in CDN panel and link in Mailwizz campaign ?

Edit : I forgot . With CDN there is a different risk for blacklisting ( eg. Spamhaus dbl et similia ? ) . Can I risk a listing and, get blacklisted my domain or CDN domain ? Sorry if it is a dumb question :)

Thanks

Last edited:
@nemesis82 - CDN is specifically for website assets, like css / js and images for the site NOT for emails.

Ok, but, in this case which is the use of CDN with Mailwizz ? :)
Eg : we create a new campaign and have CDN enabled . In this case, MW use CDN for what ?
( twisted, sorry for my question, I know you came crazy with me :) :) :) :) )

twisted, sorry for my question, I know you came crazy with me
No worries ;)

So when you enable CDN from Backend > Settings > CDN and save the changes, then if you take a look in the page source in same pages, all the css and js files will be loaded automatically from the cdn to improve performance. This is it's main usage, for your website assets.
Secondly, if you enable it for email assets, then when you upload a new email template, mailwizz will rewrite the urls to images from that template and make it use the cdn urls instead of the local urls, to again, improve the performance of your emails.

@OptiBiz1 - The nature of the CDN, the way it works, is that it will copy automatically the assets by itself and then spread them into different geo zones.

Ok. We use CDN for our sales site, but I thought it was the plug-in from our CDN supplier that distributed the content.

Thanks

Back