dkim not signed

nemesis82

Hy guys,
i have an issue with dkim signature, below my conf :
smtp domain : example.com <-- my root domain, where I have installed mw and where are my smtp server ( all smtp server are xxx@example.com )
sending domain : pippo.com ( I have generated and validated dns settings ) <-- customer domain.
bounce server : text@pippo.com --> not sign dkim ; text@example.com -> not sign dkim -->This was a test but I need to have return-path to my customer and not to my root domain.
dkigm sign --> dkim=none

Mailwizz version : 1.6.7 --> also with 1.6.9

Have you any idea?
Thanks

Last edited:
This was a test but I need to have return-path to my customer and not to my root domain.
This is not okay. Usually, the domain in the return path is considered the sending domain and signing happens based on it, so this might be your issue.

ah sorry, my explanation was not so clear.
mailwizz wevbsite : www.example.com
smtp server helo hostname : smtp.example.com
sending domain : disney.com
mail from / return path : @disney.com
I have created private and public DKIM signature in mailwizz but not sign my email.
This configuration is a purpose to have mailwizz for customer with my own smtp server ( otherwise every customer need to add DNS change, etc ) .

I have created private and public DKIM signature in mailwizz but not sign my email.
You still need to add DNS records for you "disney.com" domain and add your dkim public key there, okay ?
Also, make sure you put the right dkim selector in the record, that is mailer._domainkey

DNS records are both configured ( cname, selector, etc ) . I have waited also a few days for DNS propagation but still nothing. Now I have solved using opendkim on dedicated smtp server for that domain but I think the correct way ( tell me if I wrong ) is that MW sign the email, or not ? ( in other MW setup I don't need to setup opendkim )

Back