How to get rid of bots?

Oluf Nielsen

We're experiencing bots on our maillists. They open the mail, and click every link that's in the email. How can I make a script to clean them out?

Their behavior is quite noticeable, so I'm guessing it could be done with some scripting..T

@Oluf Nielsen - You could blacklist them by using iptables on your server, or any script that works at that level and can block access before they reach mailwizz.
You can even do it from mailwizz, from /backend/index.php/settings/campaigns/exclude-ips-from-tracking

You can even do it from mailwizz, from /backend/index.php/settings/campaigns/exclude-ips-from-tracking

Late question, but relevant still: Does "exclude-ips-from-tracking" block the bots from being redirected or just not record them in stats? I have a large number of email links being snooped in my list (many corporate subscribers) for which I don't want to have emails rejected by blocking their bot/security checks. I do want to get a more accurate statsy so just hiding/not recording them is ideal, if that were the case.

Back