Mailwizz - 1.5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

This release contains fixes for all the issues reported so far.

Here is the changelog, please read it to see all the changes:
Code:
--- -------------------------------------------
--- Version 1.5.0 - 2017-12-03
--- -------------------------------------------
[ADD] - Added following filter hooks: campaign_model_get_{lists,segments,groups}_dropdown_array_criteria
[ADD] - Added following filter hooks: price_plan_order_payment_{from,to}_text
[ADD] - Added following filter hooks: price_plan_order_get_html_payment_{from,to} 
[ADD] - Added following action hooks: list_subscriber_actions_{subscribe,unsubscribe}_action_{before,after}_html_display
[ADD] - Added ability to enable/disable and set the number of parallel processes for bounce processing
[ADD] - Added ability to enable/disable and set the number of parallel processes for fbl processing
[ADD] - Added ability to enable/disable and set the number of parallel processes for email box processing
[ADD] - Added the price_plan_order_payment_from_to_layout filter hook defaulting to "from-to"
[ADD] - Added ability to use redis for cache and mutex
[ADD] - Added following filter hook: get_upload_allowed_max_file_size_options and get_allowed_max_memory_limit_options
[ADD] - Added ArrayHelper helper class
[CHG] - Changed the way suppression lists work. Best is to delete all your suppression lists records before the upgrade.
[CHG] - Mailgun makes use of it's new sending method via the api now
[BUG] - Fixed sendgrid missing custom arguments throwing error and status code wrongly matching >= 200 as success code
[BUG] - Fixed elasticemail delivery server  
[CHG] - Disabled allowing md5 in blacklists by default. Enable it from Backend > Settings > Email Blacklist
[CHG] - Modified the list-unsubscribe header.
[ENH] - Increased the campaign/list from name to 255 chars length  
[ENH] - Improve performance for checking against blacklists 
[UPD] - Updated ckeditor extension

You can download it from https://www.mailwizz.com/customer/downloads/get/version/1.5.0 or PM for the download link.

In an effort to combat piracy and multiple usage of the app with a single license, starting with this release, we entered a more strict license checks which means older versions are not compatible with the checks we're doing and will fail passing the validation, this is why you should upgrade to 1.5.0, otherwise, when we will turn on the new validation checker(sometimes in January) your app will fail and will stop working properly.

Thank you.

@twisted1919,
I have tested the bounce processing in new version and bellow is my observations
1. I have 5 bounce servers
2. when i run this command in ssh public_html/apps/console/console.php bounce-handler --verbose=1
3. This makes one bounce server Cron-running (thing to note is this only make 1 server Cron-running while see my settings https://imgur.com/MorEeij)
4. bounce processing in SSH is vary slow as compared to last script you provided, I know that cause i was running bounce processing command from last weeks all the times.
5. When in SSH bounces was processing, bounce server status automatically changed to Active, which is good :)

In an effort to combat piracy and multiple usage of the app with a single license, starting with this release, we entered a more strict license checks which means older versions are not compatible with the checks we're doing and will fail passing the validation, this is why you should upgrade to 1.5.0, otherwise, when we will turn on the new validation checker(sometimes in January) your app will fail and will stop working properly.

We have now 4 installation of mailwizz as now we use three steps of testing on two different servers:
1-Test with a fresh install and without plugins
2-Test with customizations and plugins
3-Last test on the same server of production installation
4-Production installation

Will we still be able to use all of these installation after january 2018 if we update them to 1.5 or we have to make something to make them work properly?

Thank you for these:

[ADD] - Added following filter hooks: price_plan_order_payment_{from,to}_text
[ADD] - Added following filter hooks: price_plan_order_get_html_payment_{from,to}
[ADD] - Added the price_plan_order_payment_from_to_layout filter hook defaulting to "from-to"

It will definitely help us make our resellers' invoices look normal. :)

Hello,
I feel like after update sending speed is slow, same server , same setting.
did any one else feel this ?
Thanks

I dont undestand this

"In an effort to combat piracy and multiple usage of the app with a single license, starting with this release, we entered a more strict license checks which means older versions are not compatible with the checks we're doing and will fail passing the validation, this is why you should upgrade to 1.5.0, otherwise, when we will turn on the new validation checker(sometimes in January) your app will fail and will stop working properly."

Is there an article that explains this in detail?

Isn't that because when new versions are installed, old caches are cleared? "Feeling" that something is slower?

I feel it is faster, and I think it is because of the improved blacklist checking
This and much more small optimizations that one might see it or might not, but the server will say thanks :D

What's new in 1.5.0 and we did a great effort in having this done is that for example you can now make use of redis for app cache and for mutexes, which in general terms leads to faster campaign sending since adding/deleting/getting cache content is much faster and locking/unlocking mutexes is much much faster too.

Adding:
PHP:
'cache' => array(
    'class' => 'common.components.cache.RedisCache',
),
'mutex' => array(
    'class' => 'common.components.mutex.RedisMutex',
),
In the components area of /apps/common/config/main-custom.php (same level with the db component) forces mailwizz to make use of redis for those 2 components. Of course, assuming redis is installed and you have a decent PHP version, like >= 5.6

assuming redis is installed and you have a decent PHP version, like >= 5.6
@twisted1919,
on my test server is with MW 1.5.0 and I have php 7.1.12 with nginx php-fpm.
I have just installed redis server. when i use command in SSH

redis-cli ping
result
PONG
Do i need php's native redis client or not its enough to use above settings and test sending speed?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back