Mailwizz 1.3.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

TL;DR: We found small issues and we fixed them in minor releases, thus the archive you will download is 1.3.7.6.

This is the long awaited 1.3.7.4 version that received a new look that i hope you like it.
While it's not breathtaking(or is it ?), it's a great step forward from what we previously had:
Screenshot 2016-11-01 18.43.02.png

I also simplified the interface a lot, and removed a lot of dashboards items making the dashboards load super fast now but also provide pertinent info:
Screenshot 2016-11-01 18.43.55.png

The bug where the application was not able to count properly the user quota when using PCNTL is finally fixed (hurray @VVT).

Now customers will receive notifications when their sending quota is reaching the assigned limit. By default the notification is sent when quota reaches 95%, but you, of course, can adjust that, together with the message sent to the customer. If you don't like it, you can also disable it.

(notification)
Screenshot 2016-11-01 18.47.57.png
( read notification )
Screenshot 2016-11-01 18.49.03.png

(email)
Screenshot 2016-11-01 18.50.09.png

I got complains from various people that they want to get in a blacklist so that they never receive emails from mailwizz installs and i decided (was also requested on the forums) to add a global suggestion blacklist for each install, where users can go and add their email address as a suggestion to be added in the global blacklist.
The admin can then approve or reject the request. Once approved, the email will go into the global blacklist.
The url to this form is located at http://yourmailwizzapp.com/index.php/lists/block-address and looks like:
Screenshot 2016-11-01 19.03.47.png
In admin, you'll see this:
Screenshot 2016-11-01 19.05.03.png
So you can approve or deny the request.
The link is also included in all emails, in headers.

Many people requested to get the ability to share campaign stats with others. Now this is doable.
Each campaign overview contains a share button which once pressed will open this dialog:
Screenshot 2016-11-01 19.07.43.png
So you can enable sharing for the campaign, put a password and get the share link.
Following the link, you'll be asked to login and you'll then see the campaign stats page:
Screenshot 2016-11-01 19.09.27.png

Screenshot 2016-11-01 19.10.09.png

These are just a small number of changes we did to the app and worth noted, but beside these there are literally dozens other small changes/improvements.

Given the amount of changes and their nature, we will consider this release a BETA release and we'll keep it like so for a few days to iron out any bugs.
Please give it a try and see how it all goes for you and if you spot any issue, please let me know.

Note: The internal html structure has changed which means extensions will look a bit awkward. I know about it and i rewrote all extensions and will publish them again to CodeCanyon.

You can download the release from your mailwizz customer account.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Great work.

Quick Question : Is old theme still there and do we have an option to select a theme or if customers can select whichever theme he wants ?

Quick Question : Is old theme still there and do we have an option to select a theme or if customers can select whichever theme he wants ?
The old look is gone, long live the new look :p
You can change the skin from blue to whatever else from backend > settings > customization.

Spam score checking tool under campaign confirmation summary section is missing.
It was rubbish so it's gone. Please use mail-tester.com for your tests, much more reliable.

@twisted1919 - Campaign page screen is not fully showing in Chrome.

Screenshot attached. Icons are cut at 100% zoom. I have to reduce it to 80% to see full screen. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080

Attachments

• mw 1.3.7.4.png
    mw 1.3.7.4.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 56
Hello,
Is there a way to keep old look and get update ?
also theme settings are gone too with new update ...

Yeah i know, it's too many columns and that's makes the table scroll. We don't have a fix for it, except removing columns, which isn't an option. If you have a fix, i am all ears

Suggestion:

Just took a quick look. Space for Group Column can be definitely reduced by reducing text in the drop down. Bracket text is (5 Campaigns). I guess just number should be ok.

Little Bit Space can be saved from Status Drop Down. Instead of Pending-Sending , Pending-Send can be used.

Looking into CSS, if i can find any fix for it.

Changing Color has a bug. it does not update the top left side properly. Even the icon to maximize left side only appear on mouse over.
Thanks, seems some of them have issues indeed, will fix it ;)

Is there a way to keep old look and get update ?
also theme settings are gone too with new update ...
We're moving in a better direction so we have to let go the old theme.

Suggestion:

Just took a quick look. Space for Group Column can be definitely reduced by reducing text in the drop down. Bracket text is (5 Campaigns). I guess just number should be ok.

Little Bit Space can be saved from Status Drop Down. Instead of Pending-Sending , Pending-Send can be used.

Looking into CSS, if i can find any fix for it.
Yeah but what happens when someone names a campaign with a very long name... ?

P.S: Can you tell me the width of your GROUP dropdown? Also maybe you can attach an image with it opened?

@twisted1919 Or, if the bottom left/right scroller can be floated instead of being fixed. That way bar will remain visible and we don't have to go up and down to just move left and right

Group Dropdown Screenshot is below - Removing campaigns after 9 should save alot of space.

upload_2016-11-2_0-22-8.png

Nah, i found the issue. Those fields should have had a max-width, but for some reason they don't.
Adding a max width on them will fix the issue, no need to sacrifice readability ;)

Nah, i found the issue. Those fields should have had a max-width, but for some reason they don't.
Adding a max width on them will fix the issue, no need to sacrifice readability ;)

Great :)

Another thing regarding blacklist suggestions. People who are using MW for themselves, this option is great. However, where MW is run as an ESP with multiple clients, its not feasible that people can add their emails to Global Blacklist. This will cause many problems for legitimate customers. Instead, MW has a customer blacklist now which should serve the purpose. Blacklist Suggestion Email should be added to customer Blacklist not global. Same should also happen when someone reports an email as Abuse.

In future, you may consider adding Abuse/complaints per customer stats and even limitation where if any customer complaint ratio goes above 0.01% i.e, industry standard at anytime, his account should go under review by admin. This can significantly make a hit on spammers. Right now, as an ESP, we are only able to do this manually and cannot make any preemptive actions.

The changes (bug fixes, hooks etc) that my team has proposed, is those part of this release too and, if so, uptil what date (even things that has been communicated the last two weeks?)

I look forward to have a look at this release when I get back, it seem to be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back