Sending anniversary emails

Dan Stevens

I have a need to send emails based on the anniversary of doing business. More specifically, I need to send them a set number of days prior to the anniversary.

I can use the [birthday] type of segment, except I don't know of a way to create a campaign that will allow it to run prior to the anniversary (or birthday) date.

Any ideas?

I have a need to send emails based on the anniversary of doing business. More specifically, I need to send them a set number of days prior to the anniversary.

I can use the [birthday] type of segment, except I don't know of a way to create a campaign that will allow it to run prior to the anniversary (or birthday) date.

Any ideas?
Assuming the list join date is the business anniversary, you can set the autoresponder with a timing of say 360 (5 before) days.

Good thought. Subscription date is not anniversary date though. There is no correlation at all, but I do have a field for the anniversary date.

Many of my anniversary dates go back several years from the initial date of business, so what happens in the autoresponder if I use this? Is there a way to get it to ignore the year and just use the month/day, similar to birthday?

Also, are auto-responder statistics tracked? Will it give me sent/opens/clicks on a delayed autoresponder campaign? I assume so, but, it turns out, I wasted a bunch of money thinking that before with a different system.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I'm going to play with this a bit today and see if I can make it do what I want.

Dan

Good thought. Subscription date is not anniversary date though. There is no correlation at all, but I do have a field for the anniversary date.

Many of my anniversary dates go back several years from the initial date of business, so what happens in the autoresponder if I use this? Is there a way to get it to ignore the year and just use the month/day, similar to birthday?

Also, are auto-responder statistics tracked? Will it give me sent/opens/clicks on a delayed autoresponder campaign? I assume so, but, it turns out, I wasted a bunch of money thinking that before with a different system.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I'm going to play with this a bit today and see if I can make it do what I want.

Dan

If I had to implement it right now I would probly look into routines & triggers at phpMyAdmin, using the anniversary date and have weekly emails which then would be on average 3.5 days off the date. The option to track opens/clicks is there in the AR campaign setup and works as reported here on the forum.

Based on your suggestion of using subscription date and setting an AR to trigger based on that, I think I have a temporary solution for this, which is to do exactly as you suggested. I just have to reload the subscribers into a list with the subscription date set to the anniversary date. Not ideal, but it will work.

It would be great if there was another date field that the AR could use and even better if the AR could trigger on that date without regard to the year, i.e, every August 14th for that person. Sort of a merge between the birthday function and the AR for the subscriber date.

Dan

another date field that the AR could use and even better if the AR could trigger on that date without regard to the year, i.e, every August 14th for that person. Sort of a merge between the birthday function and the AR for the subscriber date
Yeap, agreed, I put that into the feature request summary post here:
https://forum.mailwizz.com/posts/15045
Hope it gets implemented soon by @twisted1919 as it is one of the most needed/requested features ;)

It is almost a year is there any implementation of that? Can I set to send autoresponder to specific date?

Back