[Fix Release] - Mailwizz 1.3.6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
afaik, @twisted1919 said a while ago that all isuues re pcntl are resolved
(pcntl does enable parallel send processes, and hence 'more' can be sent quicker, but there were problems of 'to much sending' in the past, but they are supposed to be solved...however, do you use an old version?)

many have asked re the 'hourly quota' settings to be re-designed/worded, as there have been many misunderstandings...so perhaps a few users could suggest a better way!

I use the latest version, updated just a few days ago.

Could you explain it to me then? I'm not understanding how I should limit the sending of my emails if they aren't being limited by setting the delivery server limit.

Maybe it's because I have each customer assigned to it's own group? But I wouldn't think Group settings would over-ride a limit on a particular delivery server. Which I did because I don't see an option to assign a customer to a specific delivery server outside of using a Group setting.

@VVT - The issue with the marker cluster image is fixed finally ;)
For the DKIM thing, i just ran a couple of tests and it signs from my end :O
I am testing with php mail() server type. Have you tried with that, just for testing?
P.S: Swiftmailer version not being parsed is just fine ;)
I have posted my login details via PM.
Thanks for fixing the pinning issue, please let me know how to patch it :)

And for the dkim thing, I tried both PHP and Swift. You could try using the test server I mentioned in the ticket.

And for the parser, it was not an issue per say. But just wanted to bring it to your notice that something wasn't right :)

Sorry for all the posts, if you want I can create a new thread. But the other thing that has me very confused is that Mailgun says it's only sent 600 emails but I'm showing 3,000 have processed successfully in my delivery log.

Sorry for all the posts, if you want I can create a new thread. But the other thing that has me very confused is that Mailgun says it's only sent 600 emails but I'm showing 3,000 have processed successfully in my delivery log.

(hopefuly not, but maybe) the app has produced (through pcntl) multiples of emails, and mailgun has filtered out whatever was not unique (although in way this would be odd too, as they rather count up against your allowance)

if you run a test with 1k of your own test emails, and make the sending for 100 only, you would have room to see if pcntl would go haywire or not

It seems that in lists in :
Action when subscribe and action when unsubscribe it's possible to unsubscribe only up to 3 lists, (you can select more than 3 item but they are not stored)

- It's possible to add the option to subscribe on other list as well as the present one? (ther reverse mode of action when subscribe)

Thanks

Attachments

• link test email=editor=Firefox_Screenshot_2016-06-07T12-52-00.138Z.png
    link test email=editor=Firefox_Screenshot_2016-06-07T12-52-00.138Z.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 14
  • link test email=editor=code=Firefox_Screenshot_2016-06-07T12-52-31.435Z.png
    link test email=editor=code=Firefox_Screenshot_2016-06-07T12-52-31.435Z.png
    32 KB · Views: 11
  • link test email=result view.jpg
    link test email=result view.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 12
(hopefuly not, but maybe) the app has produced (through pcntl) multiples of emails, and mailgun has filtered out whatever was not unique (although in way this would be odd too, as they rather count up against your allowance)

if you run a test with 1k of your own test emails, and make the sending for 100 only, you would have room to see if pcntl would go haywire or not

I wasn't able to figure out what happened, but I was able to figure out how to assign a delivery server to a specific customer (I should have already known, I know...) which has allowed me to bypass using a custom group for each customer. This seems to have sorted me out on the delivery server limit settings working properly.

@frm.mwz - when using [UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK] don't put it in <a href="[UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK]">Unsubscribe</a> because [UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK] itself will generate: <a href="...">Unsubscribe</a>
Makes sense?

Hello Twisted and fellow Mailwizz users,

I always wondered if I need to install all previous updates before installing this one. I am currently running 1.3.6.2, is it possible for me to install this update directly o do I have to install the ones released before?

Thanks!

@frm.mwz - when using [UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK] don't put it in <a href="[UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK]">Unsubscribe</a> because [UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK] itself will generate: <a href="...">Unsubscribe</a>
Makes sense?

mh, ok, so
...LNK are to quickly insert a ready-made unsubscribe link, while
...URL are for 'designing' links (edit text, mark, assign link)

Hello Twisted and fellow Mailwizz users,

I always wondered if I need to install all previous updates before installing this one. I am currently running 1.3.6.2, is it possible for me to install this update directly o do I have to install the ones released before?

Thanks!

update from v1.3.6.2 to v1.3.6.5 worked for me flawlessly

I take that back, still having delivery limit issue. pcntl is disabled, delivery server hourly limit set to 400, I chose that delivery server as a campaign in my customer account, 800 emails sent out before I stopped it. What do I need to change?

Edit: I paused it, then came back to it later and unpaused it. Exactly 400 emails sent then it stopped. I'm very confused... do the hourly settings only take affect at the start of the next hour? So if the setting is changed I should wait at least an hour to start my campaign?

Last edited:
I take that back, still having delivery limit issue. pcntl is disabled, delivery server hourly limit set to 400, I chose that delivery server as a campaign in my customer account, 800 emails sent out before I stopped it. What do I need to change?

Edit: I paused it, then came back to it later and unpaused it. Exactly 400 emails sent then it stopped. I'm very confused... do the hourly settings only take affect at the start of the next hour? So if the setting is changed I should wait at least an hour to start my campaign?

sounds like it sent 400 within one hour (of allowance) and 400 within another hour (of allowance) later,
as far as i understand the 'sending' tab, it is meant to last the 'time unit', then 'wait' if enabled, then 'reset' if set so

> if the setting is changed I should wait at least an hour to start my campaign?
not sure what you mean, since that might depend on what/how you change the settings

can you post your delivery server settings and the customer (group) sending tabs to make sure there is as little misunderstanding as possible?

sounds like it sent 400 within one hour (of allowance) and 400 within another hour (of allowance) later,
as far as i understand the 'sending' tab, it is meant to last the 'time unit', then 'wait' if enabled, then 'reset' if set so

> if the setting is changed I should wait at least an hour to start my campaign?
not sure what you mean, since that might depend on what/how you change the settings

can you post your delivery server settings and the customer (group) sending tabs to make sure there is as little misunderstanding as possible?

Here's the delivery server setting and customer sending settings. I don't have any groups, just unassigned system servers, and then I choose the delivery server to be used with the specific campaign inside of my customer account.

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 9.23.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 9.23.51 PM.png

Here's the delivery server setting and customer sending settings. I don't have any groups, just unassigned system servers, and then I choose the delivery server to be used with the specific campaign inside of my customer account.

View attachment 2002 View attachment 2003

if interpreted correctly, it will go 400/hr anytime

# it can send max 400/hr because the delivery server is set so, no barrier from unlimited sending quota (-1), no time limit from time value (-1) x time unit (unlimited months)
# waiting (yes) would mean in this case that it would wait forever (unlimited months) for the quota to expire (unlimited time does not expire) when the sending quota (unlimited emails) is reached (which cannot be reached), hence, waiting has no effect here, and hence action when (sending) quota reached cannot have any effect (and choice of which is irrelevant)

@twisted1919 pls check above

@Scott - Let's take this step by step.
You have a delivery server with 400 emails/hour. This delivery server is assigned to a customer. So what should happen is that this customer sends 400 emails for the given hour, thens ending stops and it sends another 400 in the next hour and so on. Right?
In your case, this didn't happen and instead of 400 emails, the customer actually sent 800 and you then stopped it. Right?

Now here's the thing, if you have system servers (servers not assigned to a customer) and the customer settings allow sending from system servers (there's a setting for this in Servers tab: Can send from system servers ) what happens is your customer whens ending a ca,paign, will use the assigned server and will send 400 emails then it won't use the server anymore since it reached the quota. Next, mailwizz will look if the customer is allowed to send from system servers and if he is, sending will continue using a system server.

Does the above help you understand how it works?

@Scott - Let's take this step by step.
You have a delivery server with 400 emails/hour. This delivery server is assigned to a customer. So what should happen is that this customer sends 400 emails for the given hour, thens ending stops and it sends another 400 in the next hour and so on. Right?
In your case, this didn't happen and instead of 400 emails, the customer actually sent 800 and you then stopped it. Right?

Now here's the thing, if you have system servers (servers not assigned to a customer) and the customer settings allow sending from system servers (there's a setting for this in Servers tab: Can send from system servers ) what happens is your customer whens ending a ca,paign, will use the assigned server and will send 400 emails then it won't use the server anymore since it reached the quota. Next, mailwizz will look if the customer is allowed to send from system servers and if he is, sending will continue using a system server.

Does the above help you understand how it works?

Yes that makes perfect sense thank you. I currently have 6 servers Im using under 1 customer account. Whether I assign them all to that customer or not I am choosing a specific delivery server with each campaign that I send. Is there a way to setup so that when a delivery server limit is hit for a specific campaign, that the campaign does not go out and search for another server available for that customer to be able to continue sending. I want it to only use the server I specify in the campaign settings.

I just tried to achieve what I want by simply limiting the general settings for the cron... it still went through and sent a bunch of emails in a short amount of time before I stopped it.

Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 11.41.32 AM.png

Update: I restarted it and now it's just not sending. I apologize but I obviously have no idea how to set things up to achieve what I want.

Last edited:
Is there a way to setup so that when a delivery server limit is hit for a specific campaign, that the campaign does not go out and search for another server available for that customer to be able to continue sending
I am not sure if this is the best thing to do. It can be adjusted like so but i don't think it's fine, the idea is to send out the emails... Ifthere are arguments to change it, i will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back