Really Messed Up :-(

Ray Li

Wow, this is really bad. I messed up upgrading Mailwizz to 1.3.6.5 and have not had any success getting it working since. I have tried a clean installation and even using a backup but it has not worked. The reason that the backup does not work is because I did not backup my database and the current database remembers the version as the latest. This means I cannot run the update script. How can I reset the database version so I can run the update and get my system working again? The database value for the version is a blob so I cannot easily edit it :-( Thank you!

@Ray Li - You can run a regular sql query:
Code:
UPDATE `mw_option` SET `value` = 'x.y.z.k' WHERE category="system.common" AND `key` = "version";

@Ray Li - You can run a regular sql query:
Code:
UPDATE `mw_option` SET `value` = 'x.y.z.k' WHERE category="system.common" AND `key` = "version";
Thank you so much! Praise god this is very helpful!
One more thing, have you seen this before?
Email No Formating.png
It appears during the campaign creation process for the "Setup" and "Confirmation" page. There is no proper options/formating and keeps me from creating a campaign. This is all my fault :-(

@Ray Li - best is to enable debug and see what's the deal. You might get that broken page because the installer/updater didn't get a chance to create the database columns/tables.
Now sure what your options are in that case...

Thank you so much! Praise god this is very helpful!
One more thing, have you seen this before?
View attachment 2001
It appears during the campaign creation process for the "Setup" and "Confirmation" page. There is no proper options/formating and keeps me from creating a campaign. This is all my fault :-(

if nothing works, u could try (after backup of what u have right now)
to do a fresh install, then compare the database tables (old vs new), and see where fixes are needed
then fix those old ones, then save/backup, and patch-in the whole fixed dbf (the new 'old')

Fk myself. I did a fresh install. Turns out the problem was that I was using an outdated browser which messed up everything. So stupid o_O

what old browser (and version) was it?
Maxthon 4.4.2 Adskipper Edition
I use it because it is the best browser ever. It has an Adskipper feature that let's you fastforward through video ads on Youtube/Hulu :p
Gotta use a new browser for development though, it really screwed me over these past few days.

Maxthon 4.4.2 Adskipper Edition
I use it because it is the best browser ever. It has an Adskipper feature that let's you fastforward through video ads on Youtube/Hulu :p
Gotta use a new browser for development though, it really screwed me over these past few days.

it is good to have a handful of browers (ff, chrome, dragon, ie, safari, seamonkey, icedragon, opera, ...) ;)

Last edited:
Multiple browsers are a must for sure. I just wish there was a browser that could do all three of these things:
1. Skip through video advertisements and automatically block ads
2. Gesture navigation
3. Consistently updated

So far, only Maxthon can skip through video ads but the feature was abandoned after they inked a major advertising deal :(

Multiple browsers are a must for sure. I just wish there was a browser that could do all three of these things:
1. Skip through video advertisements and automatically block ads
2. Gesture navigation
3. Consistently updated

So far, only Maxthon can skip through video ads but the feature was abandoned after they inked a major advertising deal :(

sad to hear re maxthon...

ABP is quite good though ;)

free vpn now w/i opera :cool:

Back