I want to remove some on the x-headers that MW generate:

X-Mw-Tracking-Did: 31
X-Mw-Subscriber-Uid: ag158fd1m550b
X-Mw-Delivery-Sid: 69
X-Mw-Customer-Uid: ta140q7zfm15b
X-Mw-Customer-Gid: 5
X-Mw-Campaign-Uid: mn379h8xqp39e

I was wondering if I can remove:
X-Mw-Delivery-Sid, X-Mw-Delivery-Sid, X-Mw-Customer-Gid,X-Mw-Customer-Uid. safely without damaging mailwizz functionality and still everything runs properly.

I also wanted to know when MailWizz (SwiftMailer) compose the message it add Return-Path which will be the bounce server configured on the SMTP envelope. and add a 2nd header Return-Path: <bounces@bounce.domain.com>

I was wondering why the 2nd header. noticed many mailer have only one.

I was wondering if I can remove:
X-Mw-Delivery-Sid, X-Mw-Delivery-Sid, X-Mw-Customer-Gid,X-Mw-Customer-Uid. safely without damaging mailwizz functionality and still everything runs properly.
You cannot, withoutvthese we cannot tracki unsubs.

I also wanted to know when MailWizz (SwiftMailer) compose the message it add Return-Path which will be the bounce server configured on the SMTP envelope. and add a 2nd header Return-Path: <bounces@bounce.domain.com>
You can only have a single return path header.

@twisted1919 , could it be a possibility to have the headers configurable from MW? I mean, having the "X-Mw-" prefix configured to something else e.g. "Y-Something Else-"? That way both the sender and tracking would have knowledge of what the header is expected to be.

Thanks VPul. We will create a plugin to enable an easier handling of it.
If that will be generally available, that would be good, but really it should be a backend setting for everyone without a plugin as it has been suggested before here on the forum...

Depending how much time is needed to develop it (it seem to be really simple) I could actually consider releasing it publically to help the community. We will see. Right now we have about 42 other plugins that need to be finalised first, of which four are some real badass core plugins to what we are doing with MW. :)
Besides, Twisted has a lot on his mind so even if this has been brought up before, that necessarily does not mean that it will be implemented. If ppl are enough interested the easiest way ahead is to hire a developer to have it developed. That's what I did, which is also why I have a team of dedicated developers to MW now.

Funny though, I was laughed at by some d***head :) at these forums for me mentioning the footprint of MW. Too bad I can't exclude that person from the list of receivers of this plugin.

Last edited:
@OptiBiz1 - Adding an extension for this should be pretty easy and for your devs is really simple work.
However, keep in mind that i today i made it so that when installing mailwizz, those header prefixes will be automatically generated, a random 4 chars string for each install.
Also keep in mind, changing the header prefix can cause issues with bounce processing because mailwizz will not be able to recognize old headers.

Yes, it's a breeze for my developers.

What you say seem to be that it's actually a bad idea to use such a plugin if someone is already having an email marketing business running with existing campaigns while for some who doesn't, it doesn't matter. Is that a correct interpretation?

No matter what, it seems that this plugin is not really needed since you have already dealt with the matter.

@OptiBiz1 - Adding an extension for this should be pretty easy and for your devs is really simple work.
However, keep in mind that i today i made it so that when installing mailwizz, those header prefixes will be automatically generated, a random 4 chars string for each install.
Also keep in mind, changing the header prefix can cause issues with bounce processing because mailwizz will not be able to recognize old headers.

If need be, what/where's the easiest/quickest way of changing that string?

it's actually a bad idea to use such a plugin if someone is already having an email marketing business running with existing campaigns
In such case @twisted1919, perhaps the bounce processor would need to be fed with all possible header prefixes and then it could understand them all, old and new ;)

Back