wrong from email

Va Dims

I'm facing a problem with the "From" email.
I created a customer account with email aaa@domain.com. Login to that account and create a new list with defaults:
Name: myname
Email: bbb@domain.com

I then created a campaign with
Name: anothername
Email: bbb@anotherdomain.com

I send the campaign and the sender name is correct ("anothername") but the sender email is wrong ("aaa@domain.com") which is the one I set for the customer account details. On the other hand, on "Campaign overview" both sender name and email are correct.
The emails are set to send out via sendgrid's web api.

Please let me know if there is a workaround.

Please provide me with more details:
From where do I set the "force from"?
And why do I have to be consistent with the email that I register to Sendgrid? You are supposed to send out emails from any email account of a whitelabeled domain you wish.

Please provide me with more details:
From where do I set the "force from"?
And why do I have to be consistent with the email that I register to Sendgrid? You are supposed to send out emails from any email account of a whitelabeled domain you wish.

> From where do I set the "force from"?
see delivery server settings

> be consistent with the email that I register
> supposed to send out emails from any email account of a whitelabeled domain you wish
as your provider needs it to be (these things may differ) and as far it serves your wish to inbox best

I see, that should work fine then. Just to be sure we're on same page, you're also using latest version of the app, 1.3.6.5 right ?

Yes, we are using version 1.3.6.5 and no, it is not working as expected.
I wish to set the "from" email address when creating a new campaign but whatever email I set it always send out the emails using the email that I have set to delivery servers

@Va Dims - So i ran a bunch of tests today, as follows:

The campaign setup:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/660ema6md77h5n5/Screenshot 2016-06-29 15.37.12.png?dl=0

The server configuration:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nd43h0o8hzk6fa0/Screenshot 2016-06-29 15.37.49.png?dl=0

The result at mail-tester:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr22jst6k3vcw2w/Screenshot 2016-06-29 15.36.31.png?dl=0

So as far as i can tell, this works just fine...Can you please cross-reference your config with mine and see if any difference?

Got it! As @frm.mwz mentioned, it was the "Force from" setting that caused the problem. Switched to "Never" and now it works as it should. I mistakenly thought that "Force from" actually forces the use of email from the campaign settings, which is obviously the other way around!
Thank you for your great support and your excellent work. Keep it up!

Got it! As @frm.mwz mentioned, it was the "Force from" setting that caused the problem. Switched to "Never" and now it works as it should. I mistakenly thought that "Force from" actually forces the use of email from the campaign settings, which is obviously the other way around!
Thank you for your great support and your excellent work. Keep it up!

you're welcome (and you can always click LIKE)
;)

Hi there,

I was facing the very same issue until I changed the "force from" and now it works fine.
The problem still lies in the tracking domains. Even though I select me@aaa.com.au, it inserts me@bbb.com.au and vice versa. Any thoughts?

Back